January Optimism Gauge

limpid

Optimism Gauge 2014/5  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish in?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Optimistic
    • Slightly Optimistic
    • Average
    • Slightly Pessimistic
    • Pessimistic

Just a couple games earlier I was sure we'd do well for the rest of the season with the end of hoofball. But we just didn't start scoring!

I should be optimistic and happy about our defense, but today it's very hard. Anyway, Hutton, Clark, Okore, Vlaar, Aly and Guzan (Sanchez too) have done their jobs very well, and we look very strong at the back. We even have great depth once Senderos and Baker get back. Our defense will keep us up.

Other than that, no optimism at all.

Edited by AVTuco

Feeling slightly pessimistic as we are not scoring enough goals. If we end up in the bottom three after our tough run and we have to go and try and win under even more pressure then we may come up short. We need a couple of players in this window.

I'm feeling pessimistic because even though I think we'll manage to steer clear of the relegation scrap, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that this is about as good as it's going to get for us. I don't think Lerner will get rid of Lambert as long as he keeps us up and keeps the wage bill down, and I don't think Lambert's capable of getting consistently good performances from the team. We'll grind out results like today to keep us safe, once in a great while we'll have a decent attacking game like vs. Hull earlier this season. But mostly we will see what we saw today: frustrating, boring 0-0 draws.

It's depressing.

Bit meh, still think we'll click for another spell this season and do enough to stay up pretty easily. I still think 9th to 12th, most likely the 12th end. We really should have 4 or 5 points more then we have, the baggies game and the palace game we could have won easily with some better perfomances from our forwards. Chuck the United game in their too and that's 6 potential points slipped away, even if we only had got 4 out of those potential 6 we'd solidly mid table.

We're capable of better, we're trying to play a better style of football, we're going to struggle playing 3 top teams in the next 4 league games but we'll be ok and we will improve.

I think we'll end up at 12th or 13th, but I choise 9-12 just to be on the bright side. positives are that we are tight at the back. the negatives, well you all know them. lack of that one little element that tends to win games.

• Like 1

Changed my vote from relegation places earlier in the season to 13th to 16th. I'm still slightly pessimistic - despite our long run of winnable games, the so called tricky fixtures are round the corner again.

I saw some hope in the way we played against Manure before Christmas... but I have been fully bored off my tits since then and feel just as bad as I did before. And Nuneaton Town are just as shit right now. If I had a gun, I'd probably shoot myself as work is crap right now too.

Aston Vanilla... :angry: