All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Someone will have to explain this one for me

Buffalo Springfield is pictured. Openingly line to their most famous song is in the first pane, the second pane is the following line, what it is ain't exactly clear. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Buffalo Springfield is pictured. Openingly line to their most famous song is in the first pane, the second pane is the following line, what it is ain't exactly clear. 

Cheers. Never heard of them

• Shocked 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Cheers. Never heard of them

There is a Neil Young connection but primarily known for that one hit. Others will know more but the average music snob will probably know that one song. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

There is a Neil Young connection but primarily known for that one hit. Others will know more but the average music snob will probably know that one song. 

My first exposure to Buffalo Springfield was oddly enough through The Muppets.

The first LP I ever owned was The Muppets volume 2 (I was 7). 

There's a few odd cover versions on there including For What It's Worth which was always one of my favourites. I was quite surprised when I finally heard the actual human version 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

C'mon... Broken Arrow, has been a Neil Young staple since... well since Buffalo Springfield

And for the sake of information Buffalo Springfield were a sort of reverse supergroup, in that they went on to bigger things after the band split. Young went Solo and CSNY. Stills went CSNY / CSN and the rump left after the egos departed went on to form Poco

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Also fair to say that Hip Hop fans may have heard it on this belter from PE.

Yep

when I actually listened to the song above I recognised it, but I recognised it from this absolute tune rather than the original

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Only on VT can a thread about Funny Pictures get hijacked by hippity hop videos. 

You guys are crazy.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep

when I actually listened to the song above I recognised it, but I recognised it from this absolute tune rather than the original

This post makes me want to cry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Xela said:

rCvvnxG.jpg

I was once asked about what my parents did at the weekend or something like that and answered with “mummy had a bath with daddy and daddy liked it” and to this day my mum maintains she has absolutely no idea where I got that from. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â