What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

59 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I saw this tour, January 83, in Knoxville, Tennessee. It was either the show before or after the Memphis show that was filmed & from which this comes. 41 years later & I remember it like it was yesterday. In the 4-5 weeks after this I also saw Ozzy & Rush, both of which were in Charlotte, NC. I was 17, a junior in high school, and was on top of the world 🤣

I have experience of american friends of my age, in their 50s and they were raised and have a love of country but hard rock always features heavily. What was it about that music at that time that crossed genre boundaries?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I have experience of american friends of my age, in their 50s and they were raised and have a love of country but hard rock always features heavily. What was it about that music at that time that crossed genre boundaries?

Good question. I think it’s pretty standard fare for teenage 🇺🇸 (can only speak to here) males to at least go through a metal/hard rock phase, of which many never leave. And I don’t think it was specific to just that point in time. I was heavily into Sabbath/Priest/Blue Oyster Cult/Rush/Van Halen until hearing Grateful Dead in 82. Of course the girl who turned me on to GD had a big role in this but she never panned out as I hoped she would. The band, however, turned out to be quite the consolation prize 🤣

I never turned my back on those hard bands, they just dropped down a big notch. I still listen to them a lot, especially BOC, Sabbath, & Van Halen. The older I get the soft spot I have for the bands from that specific part of my life gets even softer 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

How the hell are you finding this great stuff? Love love love. Totally digging the motorik "Can-style" beat.

It's on Funk Night, the same label as Misha Panfilov who has been discussed here before.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

@Xann -- and now I finally grasp the phonetic cleverness of the X in your name, as in complexion.

Heh - It's nowt clever, I thought XAN looked cool on three character high score tables in the arcade.

defender-high-score-table.gif.01c85d33d5680cc95cf57dba195e3d73.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â