What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

5 hours ago, Xann said:

The Bell Sisters - 'Bermuda'

It's fascinating and strange music, don't you think? It has an eerie, otherwordly vibe. The one just died this year. An early publicity photo -- just a couple kids at the time.

spacer.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Such a killer song. A true anthem. I got to see them on the Shabooh Shoobah tour and still remember it very well, despite my probably completely dosed teenaged self's state. The thing that was different about Inxs when they hit the States is that they were a lot more seasoned than a lot of new wave, flavour of the month crap being sold. This one was my favorite on that album:

Great band and a one off frontman. They were a hardened road band by the time they hit the States. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

This one was written by the great Iris Dement. We saw her play it here at the university just after 9/11 and it might be the heaviest thing I have ever seen at a live music performance 😢

Oh, I love Iris. Her first couple of albums were mostly sweet, sentimental acoustic stuff (albeit with an edge, as above) . But then she did this - one of the angriest and most powerful songs ever recorded. Springsteen could not have done better: 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, I love Iris. Her first couple of albums were mostly sweet, sentimental acoustic stuff (albeit with an edge, as above) . But then she did this - one of the angriest and most powerful songs ever recorded. Springsteen could not have done better: 

One of my faves! She caught a lot of flack for this one, IIRC some Republican in Congress went after the funding of NPR stations that played it. She’s great. And married to another great songwriter, Greg Brown. Here’s a favorite Greg Brown song of mine

I’m not certain but I think I posted the Wasteland of the Free video in U.S. Politics at some point 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Summer of Love classic.

26 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Great song. I think the singer was one of the 27 club unfortunately -- drugs or alcohol -- but what a great song. I can't remember if it's based on an old blue song, but the singer's tenor and the flute make it something new.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Summer of Love classic.

Great song. I think the singer was one of the 27 club unfortunately -- drugs or alcohol -- but what a great song. I can't remember if it's based on an old blue song, but the singer's tenor and the flute make it something new.

See my post right above yours, it’s based on the Henry Thomas song, which includes the iconic woodwind part, though it was played on the quills, not a flute, in the original 

11 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's fascinating and strange music, don't you think? It has an eerie, otherwordly vibe. The one just died this year. An early publicity photo -- just a couple kids at the time.

spacer.png

I listened to the song after reading how you described it. It is very eerie . I like it though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

This is my favourite JC song, possibly my favourite song ever. It never gets too familiar but also I know every inch of it. I have said it before but Anita Carters on it is without compare, let alone the other Carters. 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â