What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Posted (edited)

I've posted before, and I'll post again, I'm sure. I listen to it about every two months. Still can't believe that Martin Phillipps died last month. RIP.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I've posted before, and I'll post again, I'm sure. I listen to it about every two months. Still can't believe that Martin Phillipps died last month. RIP.

I have posted this a few times aswell. One of my favourite songs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have posted this a few times aswell. One of my favourite songs. 

Strange as it may sound, that song has actually helped me with mental well-being many times. Sometimes happiness can be as hard as depression to cope with, and on "Heavenly Pop Hit," I feel like Phillipps gives voice to that experience. I'll miss him! 😞

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Interesting ... reminds me of a jazzy La's a bit. Some good melody-making. I probably would have loved 30 years ago.

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

This song is killer check it out sabbath fans. It’s not peak Ozzy or Dio but it’s bloody good 

You can hear the EVH solo as clear as day. What a performance!

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I think more heavy men are needed in indie music. Great song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Interesting ... reminds me of a jazzy La's a bit. Some good melody-making. I probably would have loved 30 years ago.

You can hear the EVH solo as clear as day. What a performance!

I think more heavy men are needed in indie music. Great song.

Tony and Eddie were best mates who inspired each other . The story how they came to co produce the song is amazing. Brian May another very good friend of Tony’s also appeared on a song during the 80s.  It’s took me a long time but im starting to appreciate some of the sabbath stuff from the Tony Martin era.  I think Iommi has very few guitarists above him, his back catalogue of work is amazing and he never lost his ability ever. Part of that is down to the fact he took the right drugs which didn’t compromise his playing . 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tony and Eddie were best mates who inspired each other . The story how they came to co produce the song is amazing. Brian May another very good friend of Tony’s also appeared on a song during the 80s.  It’s took me a long time but im starting to appreciate some of the sabbath stuff from the Tony Martin era.  I think Iommi has very few guitarists above him, his back catalogue of work is amazing and he never lost his ability ever. Part of that is down to the fact he took the right drugs which didn’t compromise his playing . 

It's weird when you think about how much his barre/power chord style of playing had imitators for decades to come. I can't imagine Pantera, Metallica, and a lot of punk, too, without Sabbath's influence on guitar. But it's cool how you are talking about a lesser know Sabbath era, too. Appreciate it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â