What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Posted (edited)
On 24/08/2024 at 16:45, Xela said:

Beautiful tenor. Makes me think of a French Eric Carmen or Roy Orbison. Love love love. Thanks for showing us this.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

What the hell is this? So cool. Where did you find this? Who are these weirdos?

They are a band from the very early 2000s. They released one ep and that was it. They had a load of songs on their website but only 4 made it to the ep.  The vocalist moved to Germany to do stand up comedy. They were excellent. Very clever lyrically. I really did like them alot. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

They are a band from the very early 2000s. They released one ep and that was it. They had a load of songs on their website but only 4 made it to the ep.  The vocalist moved to Germany to do stand up comedy. They were excellent. Very clever lyrically. I really did like them alot. 

Wonderful stuff. It's hard to make a go at it as an indie band anywhere these days, but it's sad to hear this. Are any of them still doing music?

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Wonderful stuff. It's hard to make a go at it as an indie band anywhere these days, but it's sad to hear this. Are any of them still doing music?

I don’t know in all honesty. I think even lower league indie bands never fully move away from music. I was looking up a band I liked in the 80s. Stitched-back foot airman, they still play together. I was surprised as even in the 80s they had something less than fame, but still going off and on. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Stitched-back foot airman, they still play together. 

Stitched Back Foot Airman is one of the worst (and therefore, by definition, one of the best) band names ever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Never seem to be able to get myself tired of this song. The haunting 12-string intro, the chord changes to Major 2nd, the ambiguous lyrics that seem both celebratory and creepy -- and INCREDIBLE drum performance.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Never seem to be able to get myself tired of this song. The haunting 12-string intro, the chord changes to Major 2nd, the ambiguous lyrics that seem both celebratory and creepy -- and INCREDIBLE drum performance.

100% masterpiece. Tony Hicks always makes my top ten favourite guitarists. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

100% masterpiece. Tony Hicks always makes my top ten favourite guitarists. 

The opening riff. So brilliant. Feel like I could listen to it for hours and never grow weary.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â