What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

2 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I remember like it was yesterday the first time I heard this classic. It was at the barbershop where my dad went. Was a brand new song, so I was 9 years old, and heard it on the legendary Asheville country station WWNC. The “she got run over…” verse absolutely killed me then and it still does now 🍻

I remember hearing it when I was around 10. My parents didn’t like DAC so he was rarely played in the house except for this and one or two others. Recorded 50 years ago today apparently. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I remember hearing it when I was around 10. My parents didn’t like DAC so he was rarely played in the house except for this and one or two others. Recorded 50 years ago today apparently. 

I have a troubled relationship with DAC: love so much of his classic stuff but loathe the racist/X-rated stuff. Not the easiest guy to like 

14 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I have a troubled relationship with DAC: love so much of his classic stuff but loathe the racist/X-rated stuff. Not the easiest guy to like 

Same with me. I am fairly forgiving of singers as it’s the art not the artist but he has made it difficult. But he has so much good stuff, it’s easy to ignore the problematic stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Same with me. I am fairly forgiving of singers as it’s the art not the artist but he has made it difficult. But he has so much good stuff, it’s easy to ignore the problematic stuff. 

I won’t say it’s easy for me to ignore but at the same time it hasn’t made me completely stop listening to the good stuff. To paraphrase the Drive-By Truckers, it’s the duality of the DAC thing

A few years ago my wife & I were over in Petaluma, CA. There was a car driving slowly around the main area of town blasting the racist stuff 🤯 First time I’d heard it in decades. This is in southern Sonoma County, last place you’d expect to hear that stuff. 🙄

1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I won’t say it’s easy for me to ignore but at the same time it hasn’t made me completely stop listening to the good stuff. To paraphrase the Drive-By Truckers, it’s the duality of the DAC thing

A few years ago my wife & I were over in Petaluma, CA. There was a car driving slowly around the main area of town blasting the racist stuff 🤯 First time I’d heard it in decades. This is in southern Sonoma County, last place you’d expect to hear that stuff. 🙄

When I say ignore it’s more a case of me being a very casual fan and the stuff I listen to is very mainstream. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

When I say ignore it’s more a case of me being a very casual fan and the stuff I listen to is very mainstream. 

I’m kind of surprised that no one has made a DAC biopic yet. Seems like something Kid Rock would get behind. Or even a legit contemporary documentary. Like him or not, there’s no denying that there is one helluva story there 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â