What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Exquisite. Saw him do it live in 1973. 

As you know I am envious of your gigging history. This information doesnt help me get over that Mike. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the rare times I don’t regret relenting to my daughter’s request to have Radio One on in the car as it meant that I heard this for the first time the other day.

I rather like it.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2024 at 00:07, Marka Ragnos said:

"So complete in the mercy seat ..."

Here’s a thing… There’s two versions of this. This one is the single version. The album version is very different. You'll see websites list this as being on the debut eponymously titled album… newsflash… it isn’t (yes Wiki, I'm looking at you!)

This is a classic Snub TV video. Snub TV was a brilliant show, small indie bands couldn’t afford videos, so Snub TV made them for them and stuck them on the telly.

One more thing about that video… the plagiarist later known as the rocket polisher Moby is playing guitar in that video

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

As you know I am envious of your gigging history. This information doesnt help me get over that Mike. 

I was just reminiscing with the missus about seeing Warren Zevon supporting Jackson Browne in 1976. This even sparked envy from big Zevon fan Tom Russell, who I got to chat with several times on his UK visits. 

• Like 1

So talking of Snub TV… have another of their videos. The wonderful Fatima Mansions and Only Losers Take the Bus and this Snub TV video is much better that the other one they made for it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was just reminiscing with the missus about seeing Warren Zevon supporting Jackson Browne in 1976. This even sparked envy from big Zevon fan Tom Russell, who I got to chat with several times on his UK visits. 

Love Tom Russell 👍👍

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

So talking of Snub TV… have another of their videos. The wonderful Fatima Mansions and Only Losers Take the Bus and this Snub TV video is much better that the other one they made for it.

Similarly there are 2 videos for Pixies Velouria, one, the accepted one was made by Snub. Bloody loved that show. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Similarly there are 2 videos for Pixies Velouria, one, the accepted one was made by Snub. Bloody loved that show. 

Yet it never gets mentioned as being in the same league as TOGWT or The Tube (both of which were obviously great too). I was mortified when it ended.

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Yet it never gets mentioned as being in the same league as TOGWT or The Tube (both of which were obviously great too). I was mortified when it ended.

I think Snub TV was aimed at a more learned audience not just some ne’er do wells who fancied seeing The Jam. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Love Tom Russell 👍👍

Do you know what he's up to atm? He cut short his last UK tour on unspecified health grounds. He used to communicate regularly online, but after an annoying series of incidents with a couple of crazy stalkers, he no longer does. This was our pretend fight (long story) last time I saw him: 

Screenshot_2024-08-13-19-02-23-32_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Do you know what he's up to atm? He cut short his last UK tour on unspecified health grounds. He used to communicate regularly online, but after an annoying series of incidents with a couple of crazy stalkers, he no longer does. This was our pretend fight (long story) last time I saw him: 

Screenshot_2024-08-13-19-02-23-32_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

I don’t, sorry. 

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

One of the rare times I don’t regret relenting to my daughter’s request to have Radio One on in the car as it meant that I heard this for the first time the other day.

I rather like it.

Liked more for the dad story than the music. 😉 But it's growing on me.

43 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here’s a thing… There’s two versions of this. This one is the single version. The album version is very different. You'll see websites list this as being on the debut eponymously titled album… newsflash… it isn’t (yes Wiki, I'm looking at you!)

This is a classic Snub TV video. Snub TV was a brilliant show, small indie bands couldn’t afford videos, so Snub TV made them for them and stuck them on the telly.

One more thing about that video… the plagiarist later known as the rocket polisher Moby is playing guitar in that video

What a great story. Thanks. Off to listen to the other one now ... 

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's interesting because it almost seems a bit of a throwback in a way -- TV shows doing a bit of theatre for bands, heavy on themes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This one is WAY different. Almost a different song.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I swear my son getting ready to move to college this week has the same stringy long hair as these kids -- I haven't been paying attention, but it's funny how these things come back.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I swear my son getting ready to move to college this week has the same stringy long hair as these kids -- I haven't been paying attention, but it's funny how these things come back.

This fits snugly into the Snub TV chat. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Still got the album that is on, the limited edition with the extra 12”. The price it goes for these days is mental

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â