What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Dead Voices On Air - 'I Wonder Whatever Happened to Otto's Boy Who Played The Violin?'

Squinted at it before it clicked. They were on Jagjaguwar when I was last aware of them.

Same here. I have The Wedding and some EP from then. I recall they got a lot of hype in early 2000s in some magazine I read regularly, probably either Harp or Paste. Same magazine hipped me to bands like Okkervil River, Wooden Shjips, Doctor Dog, Besnard Lakes, et al.

13 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Same here. I have The Wedding and some EP from then. I recall they got a lot of hype in early 2000s in some magazine I read regularly, probably either Harp or Paste. Same magazine hipped me to bands like Okkervil River, Wooden Shjips, Doctor Dog, Besnard Lakes, et al.

Had stopped reading music journo stuff by that point.

Collectors had got their own forums going, and whilst Pitchfork and Arcade Fire became massive, labels like Soundway and Numero were digging up some killer gear.

Love how they have leaned into the "they sound like Scooby Doo chase music" thing 🙂

I love this song. It's hard to explain how it fits into the Ghost lore, especially if you haven't seen Rite Here Rite Now, but either way it's just a great little tune.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â