What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

An increasingly obscure favorite of mine. If you know them, you probably know their influence on alt-country as well as their infamous album covers. I imagine there are clever British musicologists who know them better than most Americans today, tbh. Charlie died young, killed by a drunk driver. But Ira lived for many years. Flying Burrito Brothers/Gram Parsons fans will instantly hear the influence. The song makes me cry for some reason. 😂

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

An increasingly obscure favorite of mine. If you know them, you probably know their influence on alt-country as well as their infamous album covers. I imagine there are clever British musicologists who know them better than most Americans today, tbh. Charlie died young, killed by a drunk driver. But Ira lived for many years. Flying Burrito Brothers/Gram Parsons fans will instantly hear the influence. The song makes me cry for some reason. 😂

Quite well-known in the musical circles my friends and I frequent. My parents generally didn’t/don’t have great taste is music but through their records I became familiar at an early age with stuff like the Louvins, Jimmie Rodgers, and the Carter Family. The rest I discovered on my own 😉

• Like 1

Â