What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Do not take this personally but I hate this song more than the combined works of Coldplay, Oasis and U2. 

spongebob-done.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Xann said:

If you don't mind me saying, and at the risk of sounding patronising, I love that you posted this. It seems very much off the beaten path, or are Nasty Rythmn actually well known and this particular is just new or a bit obscure?  

16 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Odd American band that actually seemed to be more embraced in the UK. Not even sure people are still alive who would notice the influence of Rundgren? It always sounds like Waterboys with the open-wide production values with edges all sanded off. 

If you’d played me the first 30 seconds or so, and said “who’s that?” I’d have guessed “World Party”, so yes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

.... are Nasty Rythmn actually well known and this particular is just new or a bit obscure?  

He's a throwback to the early 90s. Nods to the pirate radio stations that were playing Jungle, Breakbeat and Hardcore Rave.

Pt. 1 has clocked up 300,000 hits, so I guess he has a following of sorts?

Rave culture is having a bit of a resurgence here.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

If you’d played me the first 30 seconds or so, and said “who’s that?” I’d have guessed “World Party”, so yes.

Nowhere near as good as World Party, though. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Nowhere near as good as World Party, though. 

Agreed. Though I don’t get the hate for the song. To me it’s just kind of “a song I heard and vaguely remember”. That’s about the extent of my feelings about it.

On 29/06/2024 at 11:55, blandy said:

Though I don’t get the hate for the song

For me it was just that it was played to death on certain radio stations, you couldn’t escape the bloody thing for a good few years

• Like 1

Â