What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Some Pictures tunes.

Oh god did you have to...

I used to live in a house that that single paid for (Same house the Magical Mystery Tour bus used to stop outside of)

Pete Coyle owned the upper floor flat, which I rented off him because it was too big for him. (Love Pete, lovely lovely man) I used to play football with Pete and the Head Brothers and Ian Brodie and all that lot and thats how I came to rent the flat

That tit playing the guitar, Jerry Kelly, owned the middle floor flat and still lived in it. He used to bang on the ceiling if we were making too much noise. You won't find many people that have a good word to say about him. A few years ago I was in a pub, a big group of us had been on a Brexit protest and I got talking to Paul Simpson (The Wild Swans), another mild mannered nice bloke but as soon as Jerry Kelly came up in conversation.......... rage. I think when the whole 80s nostalgia thing kicked off, Pete and Jerry reformed The Lotus Eaters and were doing the summer party / festival circuit, one day my facebook erupted with the story of Pete Coil sacking Jerry Kelly from the band because... ah I can't remember. Some of Jerry's mates were giving it the "He cant treat you like that, what a monster" bollocks and everyone else was just shocked that Pete had the balls to tell him to do one, he's that mild mannered, oh and of course everyone also pointed out what a word removed Jerry had always been.

I think Paul Simpson was telling me a story of how Jerry left the Wild Swans and tried to claim all the songs were his.

Anyway Jerry Kelly, now some sort of English Literature lecturer at some Uni down south, long may he stay there there absolute gobshite

Always love the song though

• Like 2

En la Ciudad de la Furia, by Soda Stereo (an 80s band from Buenos Aires). With beautiful, perfect pop-rock guitar. He was a real talent that guy, Gustavo Cerati, the lead singer and guitarist.

Edited by robby b

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

They were much better when getting a helping hand from Brian ;)

I was thinking about Surfin this morning, and how it was such a blinding song for 1961, then I recalled that they had been inspired a little by the Jan and Dean track, tenuous, but inspired. Gave it a blast, and once I get my morning phone calls over, I will be having a BB's day.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â