What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

10 hours ago, bickster said:

OMFG! I've only just discovered this Tiny Desk show. The On-U posse in full effect here. Doug Wimbish on bass, Skip McDonald & Crucial Tony on Guitar, Eskimo on Drums, Dave Fullwood on trumpet, even Celloman on... cello and AMS himself doing the mix

2nd song in is the Massive Attack cover (Safe from harm) that framed the Midnight Rockers / Scorchers album sets from last year

this is brillaint

Superb.

As I’m getting older, the size of gig space I prefer is getting smaller and smaller to the point where I think I need to get rich enough to organise some private audiences. That was just like being sat in the room.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bickster said:

Judging by the art on the wall that is AMS living room :D

All the other ones I’ve seen have been recorded in the NPR offices, at Bob Boilen’s desk, with all the staff as audience.   I wonder if this one was done during the pandemic or something.

15 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

All the other ones I’ve seen have been recorded in the NPR offices, at Bob Boilen’s desk, with all the staff as audience.   I wonder if this one was done during the pandemic or something.

That’s right - There’s been loads in/since the pandemic recorded at the artist’s location.

4 hours ago, blandy said:

That’s right - There’s been loads in/since the pandemic recorded at the artist’s location.

Yep they put Home in brackets for the non office ones

4 hours ago, blandy said:

Combo!  Wonder whose idea it was and if they are going to do more.

Thats ultra rare, I think it was a 1000 copy ltd edition vinyl. Never been released elsewhere, the vinyl sells for well over a grand

Sandoval (and Horace Andy for that matter) have colaborated quite a but with Massive Attack but I think that EP is the only Burial one

• Thanks 1

I saw these a few times, the best was at whatever the Hummingbird was called at the time, Academy I think. Brakes supported them and Brakes were absolutely phenomenal, amongst the best bands I have ever seen. Belle and Sebastian werent too shabby either. Was stage left enjoying their set and had a go at some youth for being a lairy word removed through the quieter parts of their set. Next day daughter told me of a friend of hers that was at the gig and some balding bloke got shitty with him for talking through the gig. Good times.

• Like 1

Camera Obscura, terrific band at their time. Saw these in wolves civic, in the small bar at the back where they used to have a northern soul DJ on Blast Off nights. They were great but frosty if I remember, felt they didnt want to be there, midweek in wolverhampton, cant blame them. Havent listened to them extensively in the past few years but they really did put out some great albums.

• Like 1

One of the finest bands to have come out of Scotland, with one of their finest songs. In Notting hill there used to be a daytime club at Notting Hill Arts Centre, might still exist but this was over 20 years ago. I got to it quite a number of times and one time was to see Ballboy. I drank cocktails, got hammered on white russians, told strangers about the breakdown of my marriage (then) and thought that Ballboy was the pinnacle of recorded music. I was considerably younger then.

The second time I saw Gorkys Zygotic Mynci was at the Varsity in Wolves, they were for their entire duration in my wifes top 3 bands. I was bag holder and drinks carrier. At this gig as we were prone back then, she was very very drunk and she told Euros that she wanted to stroke his face. He looked concerned, as he should, this was 1998, she was 27 and Euros was 22.

• Like 1

I saw The Pooh Sticks once in Cardiff. A man wanted to hit me, I was literally a boy who was there with a friend and a full grown man wanted to hit me, he was more drunk than me so he lost interest. I can't recall the venue sadly, I saw a different band at Le Pub a few years later but it wasnt The Pooh sticks.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â