What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Probably not trendy or down with the kids music, but after hearing their music on an advert during the European Championships

I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed but I'm kind of hooked on this at the moment. I think The Cure like bass mostly does it for me.

Haha yep I can remember irrationally despising that New Radicals song at the time. I couldn’t tell you why, maybe through over exposure because it was everywhere. I thought he looked silly in his little hat too.

Although to give him his due, the singer Gregg Alexander has a co writing credit on most of the songs on the “Begin Again” soundtrack which I rather like.

• Like 1

Wife is obsessed with that song. I had no strong feelings one way or the other, there's certainly plenty more egregious crimes of that era.

On 16/06/2024 at 19:25, Marka Ragnos said:

Shaun Ryder is such a beautiful scumbag. How is he still alive in 2024?

I was outside the studio in the corridor that ran between this studio and the Coronation St Studio when this was filmed. I was dishing out ciggies to Bill Tarmey and Liz Dawn who were gasping after having to do a few too many retakes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Do not take this personally but I hate this song more than the combined works of Coldplay, Oasis and U2. 

I think you have underplayed your hand. It really is one of the worst f***ing tunes ever written. Worse than anything by Lemon and McCarthorse

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think you have underplayed your hand. It really is one of the worst f***ing tunes ever written. Worse than anything by Lemon and McCarthorse

This made me check it out (I'd never heard it). It's not as bad as Yellow Submarine. 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This made me check it out (I'd never heard it). It's not as bad as Yellow Submarine. 

One of their better numbers  :D 

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Haha yep I can remember irrationally despising that New Radicals song at the time. I couldn’t tell you why, maybe through over exposure because it was everywhere. I thought he looked silly in his little hat too.

Although to give him his due, the singer Gregg Alexander has a co writing credit on most of the songs on the “Begin Again” soundtrack which I rather like.

Odd American band that actually seemed to be more embraced in the UK. Not even sure people are still alive who would notice the influence of Rundgren? It always sounds like Waterboys with the open-wide production values with edges all sanded off. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

I was outside the studio in the corridor that ran between this studio and the Coronation St Studio when this was filmed. I was dishing out ciggies to Bill Tarmey and Liz Dawn who were gasping after having to do a few too many retakes

Would it be cooler if I just ignored this, or is it ok for me to be like, Whoa! What? Talk.

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Would it be cooler if I just ignored this, or is it ok for me to be like, Whoa! What? Talk.

Its not really a big deal, the band I worked for at the time were the other band on that edition of The Other Side of Midnight. As music programmes go in the UK it was fairly obscure as it only went out on Granada (and possibly a few other regions) really quite late at night midweek

It was however at the time when the NW of England was the epicentre of Alternative music so there were some really legendary performances

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Odd American band that actually seemed to be more embraced in the UK. Not even sure people are still alive who would notice the influence of Rundgren? It always sounds like Waterboys with the open-wide production values with edges all sanded off. 

They're American? I guessed Manchester. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

They're American? I guessed Manchester. 

They wished. Big anglophiles. To me they look like madchester blended with a bit of mod-revival but strictly in clothes and looks, but they sound like kind of a boring "the the" or rundgren but kind of very bland?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â