What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Hot out of the studio. My colleague’s band who is forcing me to listen to this and give an opinion. One for those of you who like standard format guitar bands. Not really what I listen to these days but they are good at what they do.

Posted (edited)

One hundred and eleventy times better than than the anodyne rerecorded ELO version

Roy Wood is such a staggeringly talented musician and composer. If he'd stayed with ELO I can't imagine what they'd have gone on to create.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

One hundred and eleventy times better than than the anodyne rerecorded ELO version

Roy Wood is such a staggeringly talented musician and composer. If he'd stayed with ELO I can't imagine what they'd have gone on to create.

Sad what he has turned into over the past few years. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

Sad what he has turned into over the past few years. 

I can't help but wonder if it's just "old man" syndrome. Roy was such a vital, energetic, progressive yet down to earth guy. But now... he's just sadly quite old.

Having said that, I saw him at the Robin a few years back and he was great. Didn't exactly have his experimental hat on, but was still a good show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I can't help but wonder if it's just "old man" syndrome. Roy was such a vital, energetic, progressive yet down to earth guy. But now... he's just sadly quite old.

Having said that, I saw him at the Robin a few years back and he was great. Didn't exactly have his experimental hat on, but was still a good show.

I had the pleasure of his company in the mid nineties and he was wonderful. He really was. I think it may be that old man thing which is a bit sad. I pass his house on the way to Carsington a lot and shout you are better than this at his door quite a lot. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I had the pleasure of his company in the mid nineties and he was wonderful. He really was. I think it may be that old man thing which is a bit sad. I pass his house on the way to Carsington a lot and shout you are better than this at his door quite a lot. 

If anyone needs to know what a genius this guy really was, here is an example

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â