What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

On 13/12/2023 at 08:06, Seat68 said:

Some non Britpop 90s music.

Jeez, forgot all about them! I interviewed her (Mary Lorson) back in the 90s for an American publication. I liked her a lot. I remember her being absolutely down to earth, easy to talk to, no airs, etc. I played Madder Rose and this song in particular like crazy. Ah, thanks for the memories.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

28 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Jeez, forgot all about them! I interviewed her (Mary Lorson) back in the 90s for an American publication. I liked her a lot. I remember her being absolutely down to earth, easy to talk to, no airs, etc. I played Madder Rose and this song in particular like crazy. Ah, thanks for the memories.

I really liked them alot in the early 90s, saw them a few times and they were the main soundtrack to a particular period in my life. In recent years I exchanged emails with Billy from the band when they were about to record the new album. Its not a bad album in all honesty, but I haven't spent actual money on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I really liked them alot in the early 90s, saw them a few times and they were the main soundtrack to a particular period in my life. In recent years I exchanged emails with Billy from the band when they were about to record the new album. Its not a bad album in all honesty, but I haven't spent actual money on it.

Interesting! Great voice on that one, too.

On 18/12/2023 at 06:34, bickster said:

You should check out Tetrak's - Let's Get Started which is the album that Eastman Dub is dubbed from, also very good.

I have, great stuff. 

I like Augustus Pablo stuff as long as he' s not playing the melodica (badly and regularly off-key), which unfortunately is the majority of his songs. Someone should have staged an intervention. 

Eastman Dub is great, and this one is my other Pablo fave, sadly not available on Spotify- Super grimy and sticky dub-

• Like 3

On 20/12/2023 at 10:23, maqroll said:

I have, great stuff. 

I like Augustus Pablo stuff as long as he' s not playing the melodica (badly and regularly off-key), which unfortunately is the majority of his songs. Someone should have staged an intervention. 

Eastman Dub is great, and this one is my other Pablo fave, sadly not available on Spotify- Super grimy and sticky dub-

I didn’t think you were allowed to say anything about that **** melodica.

I know they were short on instruments and had to improv and all that, but **** hell its awful the vast majority of the time.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â