What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Mexican radio used to be a really interesting thing ... not sure if it's relevant anymore. You'd hear these super-loud stations on AM radio broadcast from over the border where the telecommunication laws/monopolies were looser ... 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

On 07/10/2023 at 10:33, theboyangel said:

Banger! Solo track from the Parquet Courts singer Andrew Savage (still sounds like PC but who cares when it’s this good!) 

I bought the album yesterday, not played it yet but it was on in Probe when I went in and that was enough for me to know I'd like it

• Like 2

A nice slice of The Coral with additional closing narration by Cillian Murphy. 

It has a rather Italian western soundtrack vibe to it as it progresses.

The Coral have certainly honed their skills over the years. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

With today’s bread themed debate, this was inevitable.

I’m going to resist the temptation to post the theme tune to the sitcom Bread in the relevant thread because I’m nice like that.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

On 09/10/2023 at 12:16, Seat68 said:

Such a shame that was on the first album, it overshadowed everything they did from that point forward. It’s a magnificent song but everything they did was compared to it, which was rather unfair

On 09/10/2023 at 16:52, theboyangel said:

A nice slice of The Coral with additional closing narration by Cillian Murphy. 

It has a rather Italian western soundtrack vibe to it as it progresses.

The Coral have certainly honed their skills over the years. 

Yeah they admitted in an interview the other week that Morriconne  was a big influence on the new album but if you want Morriconne influenced psyche-pop look no further than The Liminanas. Loads of the Maestro, John Barry, Serge Gainsbourg, ye-ye in their stuff

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Such a shame that was on the first album, it overshadowed everything they did from that point forward. It’s a magnificent song but everything they did was compared to it, which was rather unfair

I love Brendan #1, perhaps more than Waiting Room. I concede you are correct though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I love Brendan #1, perhaps more than Waiting Room. I concede you are correct though.

Second album Repeater was brilliant but “it’s not really got a Waiting Room on it” was often heard.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah they admitted in an interview the other week that Morriconne  was a big influence on the new album but if you want Morriconne influenced psyche-pop look no further than The Liminanas. Loads of the Maestro, John Barry, Serge Gainsbourg, ye-ye in their stuff

I do like a bit of Limananas it has to be said. 

In the same vein, I’d recommend the album Rome by Danger Mouse and Daniele Lupi from 2011.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â