What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

On 09/07/2023 at 06:15, Lichfield Dean said:

This whole album is amazing, but I seem to be the only person who's ever heard of 3 (aside from the curio that their drummer left and joined Coheed and Cambria). Should have propelled them to bigger things, not quite sure why it didn't.

Has slight emoish quality. Are they from that era?

15 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Has slight emoish quality. Are they from that era?

They are usually pigeonholed as a prog metal band, but that usually just means a band that is hard to pigeonhole. Their sound is really quite classic rock, but with complex arrangements and occasional bursts of heaviness, whilst also being very catchy and accessible in the main.

This album was from about ten or twelve years back I think. 

Certainly wouldn't classify them as emo, their lyrics seem to be quite fantasy-based. But then again I hate labelling bands into genres anyway. 

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Jeez, ... Interpol totally re-created the Chameleons' sound 20 years later. It's not "inspiration." It's pure pastiche. Amazing. I knew Interpol liked them, but wow 

The first time I heard interpol I thought, they really like The Chameleons. Really like the chameleons. I suppose The Chameleons are obscure enough for them to get away with it.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â