What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I'd heard the song, but not seen that video. I quite like it, hope the other tracks sound a bit more experimental though - I preferred R Plus 7 and Garden of Delete to Age Of. I think the full album is out in a week or something.

It's The Caretaker that youtube (and bandcamp) keep trying to make me listen to, he must have some sort of deal with them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

It's The Caretaker that youtube (and bandcamp) keep trying to make me listen to, he must have some sort of deal with them.

Aye, the Caretaker collection was all over FB too over Summer.

One of those tracks I had to double check if it was on the corresponding album (Extricate), it isn't. It's a B Side. Not only that, its produced by a certain Mr Sherwood. It's the B Side to Telephone Thing which continues the ON-U Sound connection, because that is produced by Coldcut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

One of those tracks I had to double check if it was on the corresponding album (Extricate), it isn't. It's a B Side. Not only that, its produced by a certain Mr Sherwood. It's the B Side to Telephone Thing which continues the ON-U Sound connection, because that is produced by Coldcut.

I once had Extricate on tape and for some reason it was on there. I have the vinyl version now. British People In Hot Weather, like just about all on Extricate, its a great track. 

37 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I once had Extricate on tape and for some reason it was on there. I have the vinyl version now. British People In Hot Weather, like just about all on Extricate, its a great track. 

CD and Cassette versions had it as a bonus track. Agree on Extricate in general

I've always thought of this as a companion to The Revolution Will Not Be Televised by Gil Scott-Heron

Produced by Adrian Sherwood, Mark Stewart and Gary Clail. It's very obviously an Industrial On-U Sound production, in the style of early Tackhead / Fats Comet. The Dub mix, even more so.

Michael Franti's The Beatnigs - Television

One nation under one god, has turned into one nation under the influence of one drug. Television

Even more true today than it was back then under Reagan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bickster said:

I've mentioned this song in the thread before. Basically,  it was the song that finally made me 'get' The Fall. Always has a special place in my musical history because of that.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â