What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

My ipod just did a spooky shuffle

Eden - Talk Talk (from Spirit of Eden for those that don't know)

Heroin - Velvet Underground (from Velvet Underground & Nico)

play em and tell me theres no connection in the intro's! Never realised it before, probably because I don't store TT and VU in the same musical compartment in my mind and after the intro there is no connection at all

weird al amish paradise :oops:

:crylaugh: - Not given that one a listen to in some time, first time I saw the video I was in stitches.

Now listening to Insomnium - The Gale

Well, a bit more than a song title for this one i think. Though for starters i will say im listening to...

The Style Council - Everybody's on the run.

Taken from the album Modernism: A New Decade which was (famously?) rejected by their label, Polydor and resulted in the band splitting up. I would question why the hell Polydor turned it down on musical grounds though, its **** fantastic, it was just a huge change in direction. While they were waiting for Weller to ditch the jazz/soul sound of The Style Council and record a new Jam album he ditched the jazz/soul sound of The Style Council and recorded a full on Chicago House record. Easily the best thing The Style Council ever released in my opinion (okay, i completely admit i love the American 80's House music sound) but i still think its an absolute travesty that the album was reduced to having its tracks scattered over a box set a decade after Polydor initially rejected it because they didnt think it was marketable. Bastards.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â