January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Liverpool want Vlaar and Delph for 15 million according to Daily Star. Most likely BS but if they are stupid enough to offer that for two out of contract players.. SNAP IT UP. Go buy a DM and a decent CB back up. Senderos and Okore can take over.

We have Sanchez, Westwood, Clark and Baker. Perhaps a creative midfielder or winger?

yeah i meant AM. 

• Like 1

I like Townsend.If we need to swap him for Delph.

Young, good attitude, pacy, good shot, fell out of favour at his current club, ideal.

Makes Hitz look good.

Scores one every 50 and everyone raves about him.

What we need is a player who is going to create chances for our strike force imo.

• Like 2

Townsend would cost a fortune, a fortune that he really isn't worth IMO. I'd much prefer us to raid the Eredivisie for a wide forward.

A loan deal would be more likely. A permanent deal would be more likely for someone from abroad like that Sisto in Denmark. Get £15m in for Delph and Vlaar, buy Sisto for £4m, Townsend on loan, don't bother buying Cleverley but keep him on loan, we are quids in.

We are not going to get anywhere near £15m for two players with 6 months left on their contract.

Also, Levy isn't going to let one of his players out on loan for nothing.

I wish football was that simple though :)

Rumours are that Liverpool want both for £15m, but it is only rumours.

What we desperately need is a player with real quality in wide positions, who can play for the team but also as an individual and know the balance between the two. Someone with real creative ability, who can beat a player and can deliver a consistently good ball.

Townsend really isn't that player, in fact I think he has been one of if not the most over rated player in the league.

What we need is a player like Ashley Young but they don't come cheap in fee's or wage's and I'm not sure we've got the money for either but I live in hope.

My thoughts exactly.

I wonder if Salah fancies playing in claret and blue; I think we need to take another £5million+ gamble on somebody from abroad, I'd trust Lambert to spend wisely....if we have any money!

Although I do think he might be worth a punt, I don't really rate Salah that much.

Living in Switzerland I watched him play a lot for Basel and thought he looked like Gabby 2.0

He has bags of pace but touch lets him down on numerous occasions. He cant blast the ball, neither can he finish 1 on 1s very well. I always felt he looked nervous in front of goal, same as gabby. Crossing nothing special.

I also remember him to be quite one dimensional. He mostly runs at the defence and gets sucessfully jockeyed out to the right corner flag.

Overrated in my opinion.

(i know most commas are wrong but they feel right to me as a german speaker) :D

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Although I do think he might be worth a punt, I don't really rate Salah that much.

Living in Switzerland I watched him play a lot for Basel and thought he looked like Gabby 2.0

He has bags of pace but touch lets him down on numerous occasions. He cant blast the ball, neither can he finish 1 on 1s very well. I always felt he looked nervous in front of goal, same as gabby. Crossing nothing special.

I also remember him to be quite one dimensional. He mostly runs at the defence and gets sucessfully jockeyed out to the right corner flag.

Overrated in my opinion.

(i know most commas are wrong but they feel right to me as a german speaker) :D

When you write something worth reading nobody cares about commas :)

Good post.

• Like 1

Townsend would cost a fortune, a fortune that he really isn't worth IMO. I'd much prefer us to raid the Eredivisie for a wide forward.

Agreed. Townsend cuts inside all the time and is massively overrated just cos he plays for Spurs, has loads of pace and scored a couple of screamers. 

Agreed. Townsend cuts inside all the time and is massively overrated just cos he plays for Spurs, has loads of pace and scored a couple of screamers. 

I don't think he's overrated at all.  Spurs fans don't seem to rate him that highly and many fans of other teams are in the same boat (as per the past few posts). He could be a decent player, but far from it at the moment.

Pardon this broad generalization but most english wingers tend to be very one dimensional.

They are often very fast and some of them can kick the ball pretty hard. That's it.

A fair few burst on to the scene promising great things only to end up as flash in the pans aafter being hyped up like crazy, Townsend will imo be added to this list.

He is of course better than the options we have atm with Gabby, Andi and N'Zogbia but not worth the money involved.

We need to look (abroad) for players who who has not just come through the youth ranks thanks to physical attributes  like being faster than everyone else. But instead sign players who are skilled, creative, intelligent and comfortable with the ball.