January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

If all we were prepared to spend during this window was £3.5m and around half of what Citeh want for Sinclair and our manager now considers it unlikely we will be bringing anyone else in am I alone in wondering what happened to the £8m we were said to have available for Cleverley that is not now going to be spent? 

It appears our custodian is quite prepared to risk our future in the top flight rather than to spend the money we need to buy or loan a couple of players that would greatly increase our chances of staying up. What a way to run a football club into the ground! :angry:  

• Like 2

If all we were prepared to spend during this window was £3.5m and around half of what Citeh want for Sinclair and our manager now considers it unlikely we will be bringing anyone else in am I alone in wondering what happened to the £8m we were said to have available for Cleverley that is not now going to be spent? 

It appears our custodian is quite prepared to risk our future in the top flight rather than to spend the money we need to buy or loan a couple of players that would greatly increase our chances of staying up. What a way to run a football club into the ground! :angry:  

I was wondering the same thing, although I am glad we didn't buy Cleverley. Guess it was a once in a lifetime chance.

Pretty desperate in all honesty

Sad states of affairs when likes of Palace can out spend us.

Gil will help but if other teams near us improve which looks like they will , we are going to be in big trouble.

Here's why the likes of Leicester and Palace can outspend us:

Their core when promoted was Championship players, on Championship wages, bought for Championship fees. They survived in the Championship with their income from that. They suddently come into the Premier League and they've got all this TV money coming into their coffers. That money is all profit that can be spent.

We, on the other hand, have big wages, and Premier League associated expenses. We have no wiggle room. They have lots and lots of wiggle room

So why don't they out spend most teams? Why does it seem we're the only one? I think its more to do with Lerner not giving a shit and waiting for a sale rather than us trying to be as competitive as we can under FFP rules.
I don't understand what you're asking here

You've explained why championship clubs can spend a decent amount but why do we seem to be the only established premier league team that can't compete? I don't believe our lack of spending is down to FFP.

I know he hasn't been spectacular tonight but I'd try for Januzaj on loan. He's got a quality left foot and isn't that fancied by LVG.

We can't sign Januzaj as we already have cleverley from utd.

Doesn't look likely there will be further signings either..

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-scott-sinclair-deal-8506379

I don't know, I think Sinclair is off due to wages. It's like last January when we all thought Hoolahan was coming to Villa Park. Now I am not saying both of these are amazing players but we know, and Lambert knows, the lack of creativity in this side. For about 2 years. And the board has not been able to back him to bring in a player. We could be sleepwalking into disaster with this measly transfer budget.

Lerner, it's over to you. Do you want your asset you want to sell in the summer to be a top flight side? Prove it. This club has been a total shambles since 2010, with no thought out transfer budget, playing style or club identity. A week to save our season. And possibly to save our club.

• Like 1

Well terminate Cleverleys loan and get Januzaj!! He wanted to got to Everton so let them have him!!!

Terminate Cleverleys loan and loan Alexandre Pato who is being offered around on loan and still only 25.

I believe we have been paying Cleverley's wages so get rid of his £60/70k and get someone decent like Pato in...

well would be a pipe dream :D but he is being offered around, him and Benteke with Gil behind would be amazing!! :)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

I doubt we're paying anywhere near £60/70k p/w for Cleverley's wages. Surely we wouldn't/couldn't pay that?

Yeah same thought - we are paying cleverley 60/70k but not willing to pay the reported 60k for Delph. Sorry but not having it. Man U will probably be paying some of his wages.

I still think there will be some movement before deadline day. I think we will swap Delph with someone at Spurs or Liverpool and possibly reach an agreement with MCFC over Sinclair. We could also use Vlaar to swap a player with in an area that we are weaker than defence - wide midfield/central mid/attacking mid.