January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Aston Villa and Tottenham lining up moves for Crewe goalkeeper Ben Garratt

23 January 2015 05:00 PM John Cross

The 20-year-old former England youth international is regarded as one of the best goalkeeping prospects outside of the Premier League

Crewe keeper Ben Garratt is a January target for Aston Villa and Tottenham.

Former England Youth international Garratt, 20, has already established himself as the club’s first choice and is one of the best young keeper prospects outside the top flight.

That has attracted major interest from the Premier League and both Villa and Tottenham are trying to snap him up this month.

Villa are looking for a young keeper as long term competition for No1 Brad Guzan while Spurs are also in the market.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-tottenham-lining-up-5031318

Lambert has said the same thing every January window. Doesn't mean its true.

Although if we did not sign anyone else this window and we wouldn't pay £3million for sinclair its once again another show of the contempt mr Lerner has for us.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

Pretty desperate in all honesty

Sad states of affairs when likes of Palace can out spend us.

Gil will help but if other teams near us improve which looks like they will , we are going to be in big trouble.

Here's why the likes of Leicester and Palace can outspend us:

Their core when promoted was Championship players, on Championship wages, bought for Championship fees. They survived in the Championship with their income from that. They suddently come into the Premier League and they've got all this TV money coming into their coffers. That money is all profit that can be spent.

We, on the other hand, have big wages, and Premier League associated expenses. We have no wiggle room. They have lots and lots of wiggle room

So why don't they out spend most teams? Why does it seem we're the only one? I think its more to do with Lerner not giving a shit and waiting for a sale rather than us trying to be as competitive as we can under FFP rules.

Lambert has said the same thing every January window. Doesn't mean its true.

Although if we did not sign anyone else this window and we wouldn't pay £3million for sinclair its once again another show of the contempt mr Lerner has for us.

January windows under Lambert have been awful. Last year being easily the worst January window I can remember in a long time.

why does it mean we wont be signing anyone else?

Maybe it doesn't, but while I can understand that he might have a reason for saying that Sinclair isn't happening when it might, the only reason I can think of for him suggesting there's nothing else on the go is that there isn't. But oooh knows?

Edit: Maybe the same applies to any other signings, it's just that if there are any we haven't even really heard a whisper. Ignore me.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Unlike the previous two January transfer windows under Lambert I have to say in this one I am not too fussed if we do sign anymore. The current squad is comfortably good enough to stay up and if we fail to do so it won't be because we didn't bring in anymore players, aside from Gil, this window.

It is long past the time the manager started to do what he has failed to do pretty much all season and get the best out of the squad of players he has at his disposal.

Yeah its not the players that will relegate us, Its the instructions and formations they participate in that will.

• Like 1

If the players stay fit, believe in themselves and follow Lambert's instructions we'll be absolutley fine with this squad.

I'd say we will only be fine if Burnley , Leicester and QPR don't improve 

Leicester have already spent some money so they are taking the gamble but I don't think it will be enough

QPR have yet to fire Redkanpp so they are currently still doomed

Burnley - they were doomed before the season started

of course Bruce and Hull can't be ruled out  , so we could manage 5th from bottom  if luck really goes our way

• Like 1

It won't hurt our cause if Burnley, Leicester and QPR continue to their poor form. Especially over the next two games. Still think we can finish above Palace and Albion as well.

On topic, don't worry we might get a new signing to help us out, you never know what can happen.

Pretty desperate in all honesty

Sad states of affairs when likes of Palace can out spend us.

Gil will help but if other teams near us improve which looks like they will , we are going to be in big trouble.

Here's why the likes of Leicester and Palace can outspend us:

Their core when promoted was Championship players, on Championship wages, bought for Championship fees. They survived in the Championship with their income from that. They suddently come into the Premier League and they've got all this TV money coming into their coffers. That money is all profit that can be spent.

We, on the other hand, have big wages, and Premier League associated expenses. We have no wiggle room. They have lots and lots of wiggle room

So why don't they out spend most teams? Why does it seem we're the only one? I think its more to do with Lerner not giving a shit and waiting for a sale rather than us trying to be as competitive as we can under FFP rules.

I don't understand what you're asking here

The sheer complacency at this club beggars belief. We desperately need two new strikers to replace the chuckle brothers, aka Gabby and Weiman. Big clubs do go down, wake up Mr Lerner, unlike you we have to watch this shit every week.

Gabby and Weimann are still on the books.  I assume this is one of the reasons we're not replacing them.

You can replace them in the TEAM as opposed to the club.

Aston Villa and Tottenham lining up moves for Crewe goalkeeper Ben Garratt

23 January 2015 05:00 PM John Cross

The 20-year-old former England youth international is regarded as one of the best goalkeeping prospects outside of the Premier League

Crewe keeper Ben Garratt is a January target for Aston Villa and Tottenham.

Former England Youth international Garratt, 20, has already established himself as the club’s first choice and is one of the best young keeper prospects outside the top flight.

That has attracted major interest from the Premier League and both Villa and Tottenham are trying to snap him up this month.

Villa are looking for a young keeper as long term competition for No1 Brad Guzan while Spurs are also in the market.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-tottenham-lining-up-5031318

This will finally solve our goalscoring problem!

If the players stay fit, believe in themselves and follow Lambert's instructions we'll be absolutley fine with this squad

It's my belief that following Lambert's instructions is the reason we are useless.

If the players stay fit, believe in themselves and follow Lambert's instructions we'll be absolutley fine with this squad.

Haven't they been doing this all season. It don't seem to have got us too far. His recent instructions haven't even produced a goal?