January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

The sheer complacency at this club beggars belief. We desperately need two new strikers to replace the chuckle brothers, aka Gabby and Weiman. Big clubs do go down, wake up Mr Lerner, unlike you we have to watch this shit every week.

• Like 4

I have sympathy with those who get confused, you have to remember that FFP hasn't really ever been sold/explained in a way which is easy for the common fan to understand. You hear news about the likes of QPR getting in trouble etc, but not a lot is done to explain the details in way simple way (no offence to anyone here btw).

Look at US sports - salary caps make it real easy. Don't spend more than X, that's the simple rule.

Over here it's different rules for different competitions, different amounts based on income, loopholes all over the place, etc, etc. You have to take time to read up on it to fully understand it and that shouldnt be the case in a sport where it plays such a massive factor!

In more exciting and on topic news, that twitter guy says it's Toure we're signing today.

Yep FFP can get confusing. However a bigger obstacle for us is that we have a chairman who doesn't want to fund us. People don't seriously bekeive Randy is itching to give lambert £30m for players - but is prevented from doing so by FFP - whatever the flavour

Whether he wants to or not, he can't

I thought FFP limited spending - not forbid it altogether ?

Does it apply to West Ham ?

In West Ham's last 2 year end reports their losses totalled 13m

In our last 2 year end reports our losses totalled 86m

• Like 1

Pretty desperate in all honesty 

Sad states of affairs when likes of Palace can out spend us.

Gil will help but if other teams near us improve which looks like they will , we are going to be in big trouble.

The sheer complacency at this club beggars belief. We desperately need two new strikers to replace the chuckle brothers, aka Gabby and Weiman. Big clubs do go down, wake up Mr Lerner, unlike you we have to watch this shit every week.

Gabby and Weimann are still on the books.  I assume this is one of the reasons we're not replacing them.

Gil will help but if other teams near us improve which looks like they will , we are going to be in big trouble.

Who have Palace bought? :o

I have sympathy with those who get confused, you have to remember that FFP hasn't really ever been sold/explained in a way which is easy for the common fan to understand. You hear news about the likes of QPR getting in trouble etc, but not a lot is done to explain the details in way simple way (no offence to anyone here btw).

Look at US sports - salary caps make it real easy. Don't spend more than X, that's the simple rule.

Over here it's different rules for different competitions, different amounts based on income, loopholes all over the place, etc, etc. You have to take time to read up on it to fully understand it and that shouldnt be the case in a sport where it plays such a massive factor!

In more exciting and on topic news, that twitter guy says it's Toure we're signing today.

Yep FFP can get confusing. However a bigger obstacle for us is that we have a chairman who doesn't want to fund us. People don't seriously bekeive Randy is itching to give lambert £30m for players - but is prevented from doing so by FFP - whatever the flavour

Is that how it works then ? - The last 2 year accounts ?

I thought some of the big euro clubs have massive debts ? - Manu fans are always moaning about how Glazier has given them so much debt ?

Gabby and Weimann are still on the books.  I assume this is one of the reasons we're not replacing them.

Offered 4.5 mil for Taylor from Swansea , if we only spend £3mil off on Gil I'd expect Palace and WBA at the least to out spend us this window.

I thought some of the big euro clubs have massive debts ? - Manu fans are always moaning about how Glazier has given them so much debt ?

Debt and Losses are 2 different things that's another reason FFP Is a joke. On the transfer front can still see a last minute signing. Think it's a matter of calling Man City's bluff with Sinclair

I'm surprised we even paid 3.5 million for GIl (that he's worth 5 times that has nothing to do with it). Randy doesn't even want to pay for a new Assistant or so it seems, just hope it's because he thinks he might on his way soon. That said I still wouldn't be overly surprised if we got one more loan in, but not counting on it.

Yeah looks like Lambert is saying take it or leave it to City and trying to force Sinclair's hand a bit, if he really wants to come he'll hand in a transfer request.

Surely this means that Grealish does not go out on loan though? At least until we know we have another attacking player coming in?

Gabby and Weimann are still on the books. I assume this is one of the reasons we're not replacing them.

Offered 4.5 mil for Taylor from Swansea , if we only spend £3mil off on Gil I'd expect Palace and WBA at the least to out spend us this window.

I don't get your point, I assume we don't want Taylor?

The last 3 years accounts, accumulated debt prior to that doesn't matter. It's not debt, but rather spending that is governed by FFP. The claim is that by preventing clubs by running up debts of more than 15m per season (which have to be covered by the owner - if the owner doesn't want to cover it, I believe the maximum debt per season allowed is 3.5m), they'll not be able to run up debts in the future. If you make 100m in a given season, you're allowed to spend 103.5m if the owner isn't going to put money in, or 115m if he is. Though that's a very crude way of looking at it, as things like spending on academies don't actually count towards FFP, and then there's amortization of player contracts to factor in. But the general idea is you can spend what you make and no more

Edited by P3te

Here's why the likes of Leicester and Palace can outspend us:

Their core when promoted was Championship players, on Championship wages, bought for Championship fees. They survived in the Championship with their income from that. They suddently come into the Premier League and they've got all this TV money coming into their coffers. That money is all profit that can be spent. 

We, on the other hand, have big wages, and Premier League associated expenses. We have no wiggle room. They have lots and lots of wiggle room

• Like 2