Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I just did a prediction of all of the remaining results. I had us staying up on the last day by beating Burnley. A draw would have been enough. Defeat would mean relegation on goal difference. 

WBA 36

Villa 36

Burnley 35

Sunderland 34

Hull 33

QPR 33

Leicester 30

This is the most probable scenario, IMO

If Leicester are down by the last game it means QPR will have a much easier final day than us.

I still think it's just about in our own hands, but we really ought to be in a better position now. 7 points under Tim Sherwood is the minimum, if not less than, we've deserved.

just did predictor and have Hull, Sunderland and Leicester to go down and QPR up on goal difference. 

we finish over Newcastle by a goal and point behind West Brom and Burnley with 36 and relegated teams have 30

You should put money on that - extremely unlikely

just did predictor and have Hull, Sunderland and Leicester to go down and QPR up on goal difference. 

we finish over Newcastle by a goal and point behind West Brom and Burnley with 36 and relegated teams have 30

I dont think Paddy Power take such specific bets ;)

but I still think Hull are doomed, their fixtures are like Norwich last season

If Leicester are down by the last game it means QPR will have a much easier final day than us.

I still think it's just about in our own hands, but we really ought to be in a better position now. 7 points under Tim Sherwood is the minimum, if not less than, we've deserved.

Leicester are the type of side who will give it all in the last match even if they are down. They've been adrift for most of the season and they still seem to give 100%. Won't be easy for QPR

I dont think Paddy Power take such specific bets ;)

but I still think Hull are doomed, their fixtures are like Norwich last season

I think Hull are likely to go down too. Leicester and QPR will most likely be their companions.

But Sunderland is currently not - and I don't see why they should be. That could very well change, but as things stand I can't see them going down.

As for the gap between relegated teams and 17th 6 points seems big margin as I see it - and not very likely

why not Sunderland? they cant score, have an uninspired manager and only beat Newcastle with a wondergoal and the fact Newcastle didnt bother to attack

Well, their starting point is much better than the teams I predict to go down, and (to me) their remaining games seems more likely to win or draw. And vs. Villa they have a game in hand, which except for a big loss would always be an advantage.

My guess would be that we have a 1/4 chance of going down, whilst Sunderland would be 1/5. 

Probably only need 2 more wins. All our home games are winnable. Everton, West Ham and Burnley. We can take some points from Spurs and Southampton away, although it will be tough. Man City is a write off imo. Think 35 points will be enough and I think we'll get them. Just

Leicester: 75.4%

QPR: 74.2%

Burnley: 54.3%

Villa: 36.5%

Hull: 33.1%

Sunderland: 25.7%

WBA: 0.7%

Newcastle: 0.1%

Leicester: 77.2% ^

QPR: 70.2% ^

Burnley: 53.5%

Villa: 36.4% vv

Hull: 34.8% vv

Sunderland: 27.1% ^^

Leicester: 75.4%

QPR: 74.2%

Burnley: 54.3%

Villa: 36.5%

Hull: 33.1%

Sunderland: 25.7%

Leicester: 77.2% ^

QPR: 70.2% ^

Burnley: 53.5%

Villa: 36.4% vv

Hull: 34.8% vv

Sunderland: 27.1% ^^

These numbers differ quite a bit from the Statto odds - usually they correlate much better.

I wonder where the models differ? - Statto is based on the last 50 games played on a rolling average, as I understand it.

I'd say 35 points looking at it pragmatically. 

It's wrong to write off all 3 of our aways so I'm going to say we'll pick up a point out of them.

It's equally as wrong to suggest we'd beat West Ham and/or Everton at home but I'd say a minimum 2 points out of these matches (we can draw two or win one at least)

Burnley at home final day guaranteed full-house if decider = 3 points. We can realistically beat these at home, we'd have no choice but to win.

Total = 35 points. 

Did the Predictor and had us safe with 34 points. Draws against Burnley and Everton and win against West Ham. 

Hull, Burnley and QPR relegated which makes my predictions terrible. Looked how Leicester could make it and I had them on 4 wins in the last 8 putting them at 34 points just like us. Unlikely they be close to that.

Leicester play QPR in the last round and us against Burnley. Lets hope we are safe before that.

Where do some people have us picking up 7 points from? We'll get another 3, 4 at an absolute maximum. The reality is, we have picked up a staggering 19 points from 28 games since the opening 4 games of the season. There is no way we are getting 7 points from 6...

Where do some people have us picking up 7 points from? We'll get another 3, 4 at an absolute maximum. The reality is, we have picked up a staggering 19 points from 28 games since the opening 4 games of the season. There is no way we are getting 7 points from 6...

It would seem more relevant to look at the points we've picked up since Sherwood's arrived.

If we defend well, we can nick a point at Spurs. Big IF with the defending against QPR though.

We need to beat one of Everton/West Ham really, at least that should mean we wouldn't be bottom 3 going into the last day and would have our fate in our own hands.

Yeah I had the Southampton away game down as a defeat but we usually do alright down there and they won't be in top 4 contention and might just be playing the season out so possible we could grind out a draw.