Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I think we'll beat Spurs.

If we defend like tonight we won't. 

Richardson should not play again after that he was pathetic, constantly passing straight to them and embarrassingly weak in defence... a bit like he's a combination of Bacuna defensively mixed with Sanchez's passing ability = Atrocious

I think we'll beat Spurs.

If we defend like tonight we won't. 

If Tottenham play like they did against Burnley then we won't have any defending to do.

yes very true, I do think we can win there actually. Could be a shootout between Benteke and Kane. May the best man win!

• Like 1

Tottenham game is a must win.

Tottenham isn't a must win. Far from it. By the time we play Everton on May 2nd, after playing Spurs and Man City, I'd be very surprised if we were in the bottom three by more than goal difference.

There were must win games, or must not lose games, over the last few months are there may be some to come. Many of the ones over the last few months that were six pointers we unfortunately played under the previous manager where in an eight week spell just prior to him being sacked we played Palace, Albion, Leicester, Sunderland and Hull and took just 2 points whilst also handing a points boost to a direct rival in our part of the league. For me we have played three must win games under Sherwood, three six pointers, against Albion, Sunderland and QPR. We have taken 7 points. I'm happy with that.

I think we will need to win two more games to survive. One of them is likely to need to be against Burnley in our final game. That may well be a must win game and there may be another must win game against Southampton the week before. We do however, for me at least, have 4 more games prior to those final two to stop that being the case.

To win games we will need to score goals. We didn't have a clue how to do that until a few weeks ago but now we create chances and score goals. To stay up we will need to win games, two of them I think. I am very confident we will have enough about us in attacking sense to out score two of the final six teams we play and stay up.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Tottenham game is a must win.

Tottenham isn't a must win. Far from it. By the time we play Everton on May 2nd, after playing Spurs and Man City, I'd be very surprised if we were in the bottom three by more than goal difference.

There were must win games, or must not lose games, over the last few months are there may be some to come. Many of the ones over the last few months that were six pointers we unfortunately played under the previous manager where in an eight week spell just prior to him being sacked we played Palace, Albion, Leicester, Sunderland and Hull and took just 2 points whilst also handing a points boost to a direct rival in our part of the league. For me we have played three must win games under Sherwood, three six pointers, against Albion, Sunderland and QPR. We have taken 7 points. I'm happy with that.

I think we will need to win two more games to survive. One of them is likely to need to be against Burnley in our final game. That may well be a must win game and there may be another must win game against Southampton the week before. We do however, for me at least, have 4 more games prior to those final two to stop that being the case.

If Premier league survival is to remain in our own hands then we must beat Tottenham. Can't just keep relying on other teams to lose their matches. For me every game until we're confirmed safe, is a must win.

We'd be feeling fairly comfortable had we won tonight. We're not comfortable but think it's best not to get hysterical. I'd rather be in our position than Hull's or Sunderland's, not to mention the bottom 3. 

We'll need to win against either Everton or West Ham though now I feel. Both possible, West Ham especially. 

Edited by PatrickCousens

I'd say Sunderland are in a better position than us at the moment, above us in the league, a game in hand and their next match at home to Palace who have nothing to play for now.

Had we won today I would have felt very confident of staying up, though at least we didn't lose. We have to make our home form better or we are down. All remaining home games we 'could' win, but we our record in the last 4 years that is laughable.  2 wins and versus Burnley, Everton and West Ham would probably keep us up( even 4 points probably), plus a random result away from home. I think it may go down to Burnley at home which could be interesting.

Having said that there's going to be a lot of pressure on Sunderland for the Palace and Leicester games because the rest of their fixtures look really tough, not sure if I'd trade places with them.

We'll need to win against either Everton or West Ham though now I feel. Both possible, West Ham especially.

We couldn't win at home against QPR who were no great shakes.

Ignoring that ridiculous start in the first four games, we've collected 19 points in 28 games.

If we manage to stay up then I'll be overjoyed.

I'd be a fool to bet on us doing it, though.

We basically need to win two more (or win one and draw two/three).

id say same myself, 7 points for me would make me feel comfortable

I'd say Sunderland are in a better position than us at the moment, above us in the league, a game in hand and their next match at home to Palace who have nothing to play for now.

yes exactly what Man City thought

We basically need to win two more (or win one and draw two/three).

I don't see us getting too may draws but I am confident we will secure the wins. We look a real threat going forward now, seem to have plenty of chances and goals in us. I don't see us winning any games one nil and grinding out a win but I am confident we will have enough about us to outscore a couple of teams.

Had we have gotten two goals up tonight in the first half, as we deserved to, I think we'd have ran out winning by 3 or 4. Given who we have to play I doubt very much we will be doing that between now and the end of the season but I can see us winning a high scoring game or two by the odd goal just by the very nature of feeling we have to go for it to win and the fact we have a manager who seems to have a gung ho nature.

yes exactly what Man City thought

When Palace played City they probably thought they need one more win to make absolute certain of their safety.

Hopefully they won't ease up and the Man City win will have given them a bit of hunger for another victory, despite being safe now. Sunderland have an habit of beating Newcastle and then going on losing streaks.

Edited by useless