Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

We'll have to play incredibly well to stand a chance, but you get the feeling we can score against anyone. When you're scoring, you're a chance.

That was the issue under Lambert, we were just never going to be able to score enough to counter the goals that we'd concede. Now you feel like we're taking our chances a lot better.

I think one more win should do it for us. And would make my day if we could do it against Manchester City let face it man city have been playing badly lately so great chance to beat them and put any thought of relegation to bed for good

Only injuries will f*ck us now. If Benteke, Delph, Cleverley, and the remainder of the backline continue to drop like flies i could see us losing every game. Unlikely but it is unbelievable how many of our players get injured (and stop saying its the same for everyone, we clearly have it worse :) ). And suspensions, 8 red cards now this season? New record.

Having said that, if we can stay fit I think we'll beat West Ham and Burnley and draw with Everton; losing to City & Soton

QPR: 81.8% v

Leicester: 59.5% ^^

Burnley: 53.6%

Hull: 50.0% vv

Sunderland: 42.0% vv

Villa: 11.0% ^^^

WBA: 2.1%

Leicester: 75.4%

QPR: 74.2%

Burnley: 54.3%

Villa: 36.5%

Hull: 33.1%

Sunderland: 25.7%

WBA: 0.7%

Newcastle: 0.1%

• Like 4

Could it possibly be that 32 pts is already enough ?

Simple scenario would be that neither QPR or Burnley win 2 or there remaing 5 or 6 games  (Not that unfeasible)  - Or Hull only win 1  - If Sunderland won 1 it would be very tight on goal difference

Simple scenario would be that neither QPR or Burnley win 2 or there remaing 5 or 6 games (Not that unfeasible) - Or Hull only win 1 - If Sunderland won 1 it would be very tight on goal difference

I like your thinking.

Simple scenario would be that neither QPR or Burnley win 2 or there remaing 5 or 6 games (Not that unfeasible) - Or Hull only win 1 - If Sunderland won 1 it would be very tight on goal difference

I like your thinking.

Forgot Leicester who would need 2 wins + 1 draw to overtake us from 7 games

I like your thinking.

It all looks so positive when you look at it that way. I'll be happier if we win another couple though!

I like your thinking.

It all looks so positive when you look at it that way. I'll be happier if we win another couple though!

I just remember last when we beat chelsea and it took us to 35 points - we then went on a horror run and were all shitting ourselves ! - although in the end , 35 points would have been enough !!!

I really doubt 32 will be enough. It's only ever been that low once, in 2009-10, and the overall average throughout history is 36 to 37 points. I would personally think 35 points will be enough this season, so one more win will probably do it, but I think we'd be in trouble if we didn't get any more points. Don't forget that some of the teams below us have still got to play each other. 

The boggies have a bad run in and they aren't playing that well. I'd say he definitely have enough about us to get 6 points from our remaining five games.. Them on the other hand, they've dragged themselves into a relegation fight.

Would be amazing if they lose out and get relegated while we overtake them, finish 13th and win the Cup :D

West Brom

v relegation: None

v top 7: Liverpool (H), Man U (A), Chelsea (H), Arsenal (A)

Others: Palace (A), Newcastle (A)

Points needed to go above us: 0

Sunderland

v relegation: Leicester (H)

v top 7: Southampton (H), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (A)

Others: Stoke (A), Everton (A)

Points needed to go above us: 3/4

Hull

v relegation: Burnley (H)

v top 7: Liverpool (H), Arsenal (H), Tottenham (A), Man U (H)

Others: Palace (A), 

Points needed to go above us: 4

QPR

v relegation: Leicester (A)

v top 7: Liverpool (A), Man City (A)

Others: West Ham (H), Newcastle (H)

Points needed to go above us: 6

Burnley

v relegation: Leicester (H), Hull (A)

v top 7:

Others: Everton (A), West Ham (A), Stoke (H), Villa (A)

Points needed to go above us: 6/7

Leicester

v relegation: Burnley (A), Sunderland (H), QPR (H)

v top 7: Chelsea (A), Southampton (A)

Others: Swansea (H), Newcastle (H)

Points needed to go above us: 7

There's 4 games still to play between the sides. That means a guaranteed total of 12-16 points dropped.

A total of 16 games against teams in the top 7 (12 if you don't include West Brom) so you would have to imagine there's going to be another large amount of points dropped. 

• Like 2

I was listening to the Villa Review podcast earlier and one thing I'd not really taken into account until it was mentioned, was how many of the team below us have to play each other.

As Kurt says, there's Burnley v Leicester, Leicester v Sunderland, QPR v Leicester and Hull v Burnley. Ignoring our game against Burnley, there are a lot of chances here for the teams below us to pick up one point each or to have one or two teams really stranded at the bottom if they lose to relegation rivals.

This weekends results really were perfect. We've just distanced ourselves from the bottom at just the right time. I think Tim will still get some good performances out of us, and we'll finish around 15th/14th, hot in the tails of the teams above us.

Anything less than a win for hull against Burnley will likely relegate then. Similarly a win for them there could good as relegate Burnley. That's a huge game. A draw is no good for either