Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I've already accepted the fact we are going down. I have seen nothing this season to suggest otherwise, as even the wins we've had could all easily have gone the other way. If we stay up, it will highlight what a poor League the Prem has become and the massive gulf between the top 6-7 clubs and the rest.

I also think we'd win The Championship and come straight back up. In the long run, it could be a good thing for the club. We're not financially screwed like Leeds were, would be the biggest side in years to drop down, we'd still attract decent players (even in a lower League we are a bigger club than the likes of Palace, Swansea, Stoke etc...) and a core of the current squad would probably have a very good season.

At the moment, I'd be quite happy if every player left this club, as I see no passion from any of them to turn this around (Clark & Hutton aside). Next season, if the worst happens, I think we could field a team like this....

Guzan, Hutton, Baker, Clark, New LB, Bacuna, Westwood, Gardner, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Kozak.

That team would not win the Championship. It wouldn't even make the play offs.

It'd be top 5 easily enough

It would be a miracle if we stayed up.

We are hardly in miracle territory are we. We need to finish the season with one more point than other three teams. As things stand now we are one point away from the position we need to be in.

Clubs have been cut adrift by 4 or 5 points at this stage and stayed up. Even the biggest pessimist surely wouldn't consider being in the relegation zone on goal difference as even being cut adrift.

I have said this before but we have been diabolical this season but so have a lot of other sides. Leicester worse than us, Burney and QPR on a par with us and Sunderland and Hull a little better than us. The advantage we have over all them sides for me is that we are a half decent side on paper performing extremely poorly where as they are poor sides performing how you would expect. Personally I would not swap our squads for any of the other teams down the bottom.

I think the penny has finally dropped with the players that we are in deep shit and it showed in the urgency in our play yesterday. That extra urgency and fight combined with the fact we have better quality than the other sides at the bottom means that I am still confident we will stay up.

I understand that, it's just if our form in front of goal continues we will go down. We have to get results ourselves and stop relying on other teams around us to be shit. Newcastle were there for the taking today and we failed to even score yet again. But yeah miracle is probably a bit over the top. Having said that I would not bet against us going down.

Edited by Arj Guy

As said before, the rest of the teams around us are playing to the best of their ability which is still not good enough. We certainly aren't, which is a positive, cause if we find the extra we need, we should start winning games, which is a little to hold onto.

This is pretty much the hope we must cling to for the time being. If only because we as fans may as well give it our best shot. Fine margins and all that...

B_CSpieWkAManQb.png

It took us to game 32, 1st April two year ago to escape the bottom 3 and that because we played more games, also yes we have scored less but at how many we conceded we also had one of the worse GD in the league

Edited by lmarsha_926

Fine margins is right, but the new manager effect has not worked, we have not done a pardew or pulis. Not even close.

I think we're ****. I'd like to be wrong, but I just don't see it, anything less than 3 points against Albion and we're doomed IMO, we have to break the gloom soon or the squad will be as impervious to Sherwood as they became to Lambert (who got them and us out the shit twice) and it will be impossible to break the spell.

Once in the championship I shudder to think what will happen.

[Can I just interject?: I can't think of a greater group of fellow supporters I would rather get relegated with than you lot. As I've said elsewhere, there was a time when I dallied in Baggie fandom before I learned my true calling, and I've never regretted for a minute joining Villa a few years ago. And I remain impressed by the intelligence, class, and just overall decency of this forum. So if we do go down, I'm glad it's with you. I wouldn't want to stay up with anyone else!]

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

[Can I just interject?: I can't think of a greater group of fellow supporters I would rather get relegated with than you lot. As I've said elsewhere, there was a time when I dallied in Baggie fandom before I learned my true calling, and I've never regretted for a minute joining Villa a few years ago. And I remain impressed by the intelligence, class, and just overall decency of this forum. So if we do go down, I'm glad it's with you. I wouldn't want to stay up with anyone else!]

Lol what? :lol:

Lol what? :lol:

Yep, started off as a Baggie. Before I knew better.

In my Sports Predictor thing I had us to lose against Newcastle and draw against WBA.  Everyone else around us apart from Hull loses so we gain a point.  Wouldn't mind that but I am hopeful of a win to kickstart our fightback.  If we lose to WBA then I think the players will struggle to ever lift themselves up again for the rest of the season.