Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

My biggest concern is last year we had a knack of beating bigger teams with out defensive game now with changed to a possession game are we good enough to beat the teams around us who last year we struggled against??

I think this year is a real threat.

Yeah. This is the first time I can remember being truly worried. I cannot see the next goal.

That said, we could score 2 against Chelsea and pick up a crazy three points. This is an odd old game.

I think this year is a real threat.

Yeah. This is the first time I can remember being truly worried. I cannot see the next goal.

That said, we could score 2 against Chelsea and pick up a crazy three points. This is an odd old game.

Yeah, then get knocked out of the cup and lose to Hull, Standard!

I simply can't see us scoring 16 points in our next 15 matches. Lambert's record is at 1.02 points per game in the league now, so he'd have to over-achieve his record to even get us there.Accounting for the fact that the team looks at its worst since he started at the club, I can't begin to see it. 

This is the year our luck will run out i fear. Seeing as we still have to visit Man City,Man Utd Spurs,Saints and Newcastle,games where we almost lose without fail,i just can not see where we are going to get enough points.Add the fact that we also have to visit Sunderland and Hull and i am fearing the worst

• Like 1

I do worry a lot more his season, which is pretty much 100% down to our lack of goals. I remember, in the 12/13 season, we were deep in the mire and in the bottom 3 a few times, but you'd always bank on us to score goals. The question was just whether we'd score more than our opponent, as our defence was awful. Now we have the opposite problem, but our defence crumbled too in the last game and we saw a pretty ugly result. It's going to be the tightest that it has been the past couple of years imo, and we can't really wait around any more. The team needs results and it needs them now.

I guess the sad thing is that no other fan from any other team in the league would be sad if we went down. We offer nothing to what is so often referred to as "the best league in the world" apart from dull games and breaking the odd negative record here or there. It's sad, because we should be so much more than that. I'm not even talking about top 6 aspirations. A club of this stature, and with such a rich history in the sport should at least be good to watch and be a solid PL side. That's all I want for now, just no threat of relegation and be a solid mid table team.

I remember when Wigan went down a couple of seasons ago, and the BBC ran an article documenting their stay in the top flight, saying how sad it is that the league has lost Wigan Athletic. I can't imagine that, if the worst should happen, that the BBC would run an article like that for us. All posts on that website regarding us always seem to have a slight hint of sarcasm and nastiness, as though even they are enjoying seeing us do badly.

We're better than this, but I wish that we'd stop relying on history to show us that. We need to be better than this now, on the pitch, in the game today.

Edited by JoshVilla
  • Like 1

I do worry a lot more his season, which is pretty much 100% down to our lack of goals. I remember, in the 12/13 season, we were deep in the mire and in the bottom 3 a few times, but you'd always bank on us to score goals. The question was just whether we'd score more than our opponent, as our defence was awful. Now we have the opposite problem, but our defence crumbled too in the last game and we saw a pretty ugly result. It's going to be the tightest that it has been the past couple of years imo, and we can't really wait around any more. The team needs results and it needs them now.

I guess the sad thing is that no other fan from any other team in the league would be sad if we went down. We offer nothing to what is so often referred to as "the best league in the world" apart from dull games and breaking the odd negative record here or there. It's sad, because we should be so much more than that. I'm not even talking about top 6 aspirations. A club of this stature, and with such a rich history in the sport should at least be good to watch and be a solid PL side. That's all I want for now, just no threat of relegation and be a solid mid table team.

I remember when Wigan went down a couple of seasons ago, and the BBC ran an article documenting their stay in the top flight, saying how sad it is that the league has lost Wigan Athletic. I can't imagine that, if the worst should happen, that the BBC would run an article like that for us. All posts on that website regarding us always seem to have a slight hint of sarcasm and nastiness, as though even they are enjoying seeing us do badly.

We're better than this, but I wish that we'd stop relying on history to show us that. We need to be better than this now, on the pitch, in the game today.

Exactly this! Yet so simple, yet so true.

34 I think. West Brom again but about 10 years ago.

I cant see us getting to 34 points

so you cant see us get 12 points in 15 games? sure  :lol:

To be fair the last 19 games or 1/2 a season has seen us manage 12 points scoring a whopping 7 goals in the process, so it is a fair concern in my opinion.

And, imo, we've already hit rock bottom. 

I think things will improve from here.

Not enough to be a defence of Lambert. I'm not saying he should keep his job or that we'll suddenly be amazing. But I think we're abotu as bad as we can get, and we're still not in the relegation zone. We don't have to improve that much to scrape survival.

We'll be ok.