Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

The problem is we have a solid defence but even then you cant keep a clean sheet every game and with us not scoring your relying on us grinding out 1 nil wins to keep us safe.

Also the longer we go struggling to score the pressure will increase on the defence.We saw at weekend after they scored the defence at beginning of second half was all over the place.Not helped when 2 of the 4 are also expected to be the creative force on the wings for us.

If we can get scoring we should be ok ..

16 or 17 points should be enough to keep us up and in theory we ought to be able to get that amount. 

I reckon as little as three wins might be enough, we're going to draw a fair amount of games.

Certainly wins against the "right" teams would help.  So wins against Burnley,  Hull,  QPR,  Sunderland ,  WBA for example

16 or 17 points should be enough to keep us up and in theory we ought to be able to get that amount. 

I reckon as little as three wins might be enough, we're going to draw a fair amount of games.

Certainly wins against the "right" teams would help.  So wins against Burnley,  Hull,  QPR,  Sunderland ,  WBA for example

Yeah win 4 of those 5 and we're safe I'd say. 

Leicester: 54.8% ^^^

Hull: 54.6% vvvv

Villa: 50.3% vvvv

QPR: 42.7% vvv

Palace: 31.7% ^^^

Burnley: 27.0% ^^^

WBA: 22.4% ^^

Sunderland: 14.4% v

Newcastle: 1.0%

Everton: 0.7%

Stoke: 0.4%

Leicester: 88.6%

Palace: 59.6% v

Burnley: 54.4%

WBA: 45.2% v

Hull: 16.8% ^^

Villa: 15.0% ^

QPR: 13.7%

Sunderland: 5.4%

Everton: 1.3%

im fearful this season - we not scoring goals, don't have anyone we awaiting to return from injury to give us a boost, our relegation rivals seem set outspend us this window, no team has ever stayed up with a few goals as were are on target for......the only hope seems to be we have got out of tighter situations....in past seasons

I can't see 3 teams who will continue to do worse than us for the rest of the season.

We're unlikely to continue to do as bad as we have done of late for the rest of the season either, though. 

I can't see 3 teams who will continue to do worse than us for the rest of the season.

We're unlikely to continue to do as bad as we have done of late for the rest of the season either, though.

What have you seem to make you think that?

25 years of football

Novice!  :D

• Like 2

25 years of football

Not sure what that means.

In 25 years of football shit teams performing badly always turn it round?

25 years of football

Not sure what that means.

In 25 years of football shit teams performing badly always turn it round?

No, in 25 years of watching football it's almost never happened that a team doesn't pick up points eventually. What determines whether or not they'll stay up is usually the length of less-than-awful run in the final 3rd of the season

No, in 25 years of watching football it's almost never happened that a team doesn't pick up points eventually. What determines whether or not they'll stay up is usually the length of less-than-awful run in the final 3rd of the season

But in that case the assumption that we will start to pick up a few more points is no guarantee that we won't go down. It depends how we do relatively to the other clubs fighting relegation. If enough of them pick up points more prolifically, we could well be down.

Leicester: 54.8% ^^^

Hull: 54.6% vvvv

Villa: 50.3% vvvv

QPR: 42.7% vvv

Palace: 31.7% ^^^

Burnley: 27.0% ^^^

WBA: 22.4% ^^

Sunderland: 14.4% v

Newcastle: 1.0%

Everton: 0.7%

Stoke: 0.4%

Leicester: 88.6%

Palace: 59.6% v

Burnley: 54.4%

WBA: 45.2% v

Hull: 16.8% ^^

Villa: 15.0% ^

QPR: 13.7%

Sunderland: 5.4%

Everton: 1.3%

In desperate desperate times, these often cheer me up, but seeing us third favourite knowing we're getting max three points in the next three matches, God knows what it'll look like then.

Edited by Tomaszk

But in that case the assumption that we will start to pick up a few more points is no guarantee that we won't go down. It depends how we do relatively to the other clubs fighting relegation. If enough of them pick up points more prolifically, we could well be down.

Oh I never said we wouldn't go down, just that we will pick up points at some stage. So will the others

So just a 300% improvement on our results against those teams in the first half of the season... ;)
obviously I wasn't suggesting wins against all of those. But in terms of previous results it was burnley draw away not unlikely for a win at home, hull win at home may be tough away, QPR loss away and their away form is tripe win at home is possible, Sunderland draw at home win away may be tough but we have a decent record there, oilbyon loss away unluckily could possibly win at home