Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

25 minutes ago, tinker said:

Car Roof tents. You have to climb in and out of them, you have to pack them away to use the car and they cost the earth. Wtf.

What on earth is a car roof tent? Do you sleep atop your car in the tent? 🤔

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Can't stand the bloke personally. If he came out with a newspaper column, justifying his demonisation of benefit scroungers, using his countryside successes as examples of how anyone can do this, if they just got off their arse, it would be totally on brand and wouldn't surprise me in the least. This is a guy who empowers people to feel justified in voicing and spreading their cruel and unfeeling opinions about 'lesser' people. And you can totally guarantee he won't take responsibility for any negative consequences.

I put him in the same box as Farage and Trump. Charisma, used for personal gain, with awful consequences that they will never acknowledge or encounter. **** these people.

I don't like him either.  Neither did the people who enjoyed the farm show...they just felt like it was something to do.

Top Gear in the late 90s used to be interesting, but as soon as it became about Clarkson, May and Hammond doing stupid challenges, it was shit.

I just felt like I was complicit in all of the nonsense by going.

That said, the brewery is actually good and the beer is lovely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Screenshot_20240824_123800_Chrome.jpg

Ah shit, you’ve just posted this just too late for me, I’ve just paid out £100 for a hotel too. Down by Tate Modern, when it turns out I could have slept on top of my car like a **** mad max hobo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

overweight beer, bellied, bald, middle-aged, thumb through the belt hoop on their straight cut jeans losers made me want to kill myself.  

:( 

You must have seen me*

*I do have hair

VT massive not liking Clarkson. Quelle surprise! ;)

He is a bit of a nob but I like the fact he is promoting British farming and produce.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

VT massive not liking Clarkson. Quelle surprise! ;)

He is a bit of a nob but I like the fact he is promoting British farming and produce.

Are we surprised at this comment from VT's car Partridge? ;)

i040264-1320805083.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

If he was genuinely doing that, he'd be promoting other farms near his farm when there's a two hour wait to get into his, selling identical produce.

So yes, he's raising awareness on how farming works, how tough it is (when he's not pratting around with things he knows are a waste of time, but hes not exactly offering support to farms around him directly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

If he was genuinely doing that, he'd be promoting other farms near his farm when there's a two hour wait to get into his, selling identical produce.

It wouldn't stop people from flocking to his place though. He seems to have a popularity beyond any rational basis. James May has a pub, but doesn't have the same impact. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Xela said:

**** him. He takes every opportunity to slag off Brum he can. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

When there are 130 people in The Champions League draw thread, why are 2 people still in the Enzo Barrenechea thread?

Sting's one sided toast.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

When there are 130 people in The Champions League draw thread, why are 2 people still in the Enzo Barrenechea thread?

They're looking at a another tab on their browser, or wandered off?

Starting a January Transfer Window thread.

20 weeks of the same people posting the same bollocks they were posting in the other transfer thread.

spacer.png

• Like 3

On the BBC news, reporting the ParaOlympics, why do they refer to sports like swimming and cycling  simply by their names, but then 'para taekwondo'. Why not 'paraswimming', etc.? 

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

On the BBC news, reporting the ParaOlympics, why do they refer to sports like swimming and cycling  simply by their names, but then 'para taekwondo'. Why not 'paraswimming', etc.? 

Is it because he rules are substantially different?
Swimming is still just a race with different entry qualifications whereas taekwondo might have modified rules?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â