Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

6 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I feel like there's been a noticeable scale-back in the effects of this over the last couple of years.

A disappointing scale-back.

It has. You need more now to get the same buzz. Like heroin. 

2 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

My friend, you’ve developed a tolerance. You’re gonna have to start shooting up 🤣

1 hour ago, Xela said:

It has. You need more now to get the same buzz. Like heroin. 

Hmm, interesting.

Will report back my findings once I've emptied half a bottle directly onto my perineum. For science.

5 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Hmm, interesting.

Will report back my findings once I've emptied half a bottle directly onto my perineum. For science.

So close to Brett Kavanaugh’s beloved boofing method 🤣

Your results will be tainted 

22 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Hmm, interesting.

Rookie

Mainline down the urethra. 

• Like 1

Buying part worn tyres. You have no idea what you are buying why risk your life on some old rubber (Kenneth)

If you are short of money just get a low or mid range new tyre. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

On 17/07/2024 at 11:57, GarethRDR said:

See also: "day time" and "night time" moisturiser.  Does the presence of the moon or the sun in the sky require vastly different ingredients?  

I have a similar discussion with Mrs H who moans if i use her face cream on my arms 

it's cream ..it doesn't know 

• Haha 1

On 17/07/2024 at 11:57, GarethRDR said:

See also: "day time" and "night time" moisturiser.  Does the presence of the moon or the sun in the sky require vastly different ingredients? 

There's a real answer to this one :)

The day moisturiser is typically a lighter cream that'll be barely noticeable on your skin whereas the nighttime moisturiser is usually more heavy duty, and can leave the skin looking a lot greasier because they expect it to be worn when you're asleep and washed off in the morning. The day one will also usually provide some basic UV protection

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Buying part worn tyres. You have no idea what you are buying why risk your life on some old rubber (Kenneth)

I've said this on here before, but always buy decent tyres. Its the only part of your car in contact with the road. Have some decent rubber (kw)

Always a good indicator of if the car has been looked after when you look at what tyres they have on. A high end Range Rover with four different Chinese ditchfinders on, will have been run on an absolute budget and lets you know they will have skimped on other things as well. 

56 minutes ago, Xela said:

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

i think the original reply needed this one tbh

OIP.DBhLMTG00fLJukNWIW7i2AAAAA?rs=1&pid=

Edited by tonyh29

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think part worns are alright. I don't buy them myself, but the old man does. They'll only sell you ones with meat on them and which are not dangerous. And some rich bar stewards swap their tyres out very regularly. So you end up with a very good brand with half the meat on it rather than some plastic Chinese shit that I wouldn't trust on me wheelbarrow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

There's a real answer to this one :)

The day moisturiser is typically a lighter cream that'll be barely noticeable on your skin whereas the nighttime moisturiser is usually more heavy duty, and can leave the skin looking a lot greasier because they expect it to be worn when you're asleep and washed off in the morning. The day one will also usually provide some basic UV protection

If it's anything like the brylcreem I used to use in my youth it must leave your pillows in a shocking state. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

People in OnTopic who seem obsessed with the minutiae of transfer fees. Getting angry if we supposedly pay 'too much' for a player, or don't get as much from a sale as they think we should. 

I honestly don't give a toss about any of that stuff. I just want to see what squad we end up with, and watch them playing football. I don't think any of the Football Manager players on VT have the tiniest fraction of the knowledge of Emery, Monchi, and their team. 

Yep. Especially in the football world we now live in with instalments and clauses and buy backs and PSR “finessing”

It’s almost impossible to understand what we’re actually paying for players and how much of that is real money that’s going out the door this year or next year or whatever. 

Having Emery in charge and a club that finally seems to know what it’s doing makes it way easier to completely ignore that stuff 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

People in OnTopic who seem obsessed with the minutiae of transfer fees. Getting angry if we supposedly pay 'too much' for a player, or don't get as much from a sale as they think we should. 

I honestly don't give a toss about any of that stuff. I just want to see what squad we end up with, and watch them playing football. I don't think any of the Football Manager players on VT have the tiniest fraction of the knowledge of Emery, Monchi, and their team. 

I blame FFP and PSR for it. There's always been an interest in it because ultimately the club doesn't have an unlimited pot of money, and spending "too much" on a player is money we can't spend on other players, but due to the tighter finance rules we've got to the point that a significant number of fans are getting into the intricacies of amortisation and all of that bollocks. Bores me to tears. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I blame FFP and PSR for it. There's always been an interest in it because ultimately the club doesn't have an unlimited pot of money, and spending "too much" on a player is money we can't spend on other players, but due to the tighter finance rules we've got to the point that a significant number of fans are getting into the intricacies of amortisation and all of that bollocks. Bores me to tears. 

And even that might be understandable if the figures these fans were using were accurate, but they're not. Most think we bought Diaby for £52m for example, instead of the £35m being reported by others (both of these could be wrong too). So the boring conversation becomes utterly futile as they're just using made-up numbers.

• Like 1

I’m interested to the point that if we have £Xm to spend and we have to buy two players, I’d like to know that we don’t appear to overpay on one to the detriment of the other.

And while the £12m spent on Ross McCormack wasn’t my money, I’d rather we not have spent that much on him. Because that money could have been used to better effect.

Fortunately the financial side appears sufficiently opaque and open to interpretation to me that it doesn’t quite register as strongly as it might.

What I really dislike is the idea (reality?) that a club has to sell a star player every season in order to comply. Part of the enjoyment I have is the seeing the players we’ve become attached to succeed at the club. If we won the league this season, I’d be delighted, but I’d much rather win it with the likes of Mings and McGinn involved rather than new expensive defender and new expensive midfielder.

Football clubs are inherently a Ship of Theseus affair, but a constant turnover of our established players would leave me feeling detached.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

So the boring conversation becomes utterly futile 

You might have just described all of On Topic in one short sentence. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â