Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Adults liking the Harry Potter books. 

"I love 'em, i've read each one 5 times" - that was said to me by an actual adult human being with no obvious mental issues. 

• Like 3

Adults liking the Harry Potter books.

"I love 'em, i've read each one 5 times" - that was said to me by an actual adult human being with no obvious mental issues.

This, this, this, a million times this.
  • Like 1

rugby union,i like league but just don't get union.

^                ^                           union league

l________l

Couldn't agree more League despite what people say about it being really physical, to me comes across as glorified touch rugby. Bloke gets tackled, keeps possession and rolls the ball back freely to his mate, This happens five times then they boot the ball up the other end of the pitch. Scrums are rare and never go against the head. Lineouts don't exist and sod me they'd think it was an on pitch riot if they saw a ruck or a maul. Bit of a simpletons game compared to Union which requires actual thought, cunning, varying tactics as well as the physical presence.

• Like 1

^                ^                           union league

l________l

Couldn't agree more League despite what people say about it being really physical, to me comes across as glorified touch rugby. Bloke gets tackled, keeps possession and rolls the ball back freely to his mate, This happens five times then they boot the ball up the other end of the pitch. Scrums are rare and never go against the head. Linnets don't exist and sod me they'd think it was an on pitch riot if they saw a ruck or a maul. Bit of a simpletons game compared to Union which requires actual thought, cunning, varying tactics as well as the physical presence.

Yeah, touch and league are fun enough, but the multiple possibilities of what could happen at any time in a union game make it much more interesting imo, and heaps more fun to play.

• Like 1

fake boobs, real boobs, man boobs, blue-footed boobies, who cares?

If I went to have a fondle of the wife's chest and got pecked by a sea bird, I would definitely care.

Here is a FACT regarding the blue-footed booby that you may not know: The males with the bluest feet attract the most (best?) mates. So their courtship display amounts to waving their feet in the air in a way that suggests "Hi darlin' how d'you like these beauties? Pretty nice and blue, eh!? How about it then?".

170px-Blue-footed_Booby_%28Sula_nebouxii

• Like 2

My car is being sold in the spring and is being replaced by a bright luminous yellow 125cc scooter and bright high vis equipment & gear. The fastest I can go will be about 50mph. I'll save £2k+ a year.

Edited by Ingram85

I like both. Cars are great in the winter but they are becoming too much of a money drain for me personally. I'm fed up of paying £120 petrol a month, £80 insurance a month, £200 tax for the year, MOT's, services, little bits and bobs here and there etc... The car industry is one big legal theft on top of all the other insane costs and charges we pay in this country so I'm getting out of it.

• Like 1

^                ^                           union league              l________l
Couldn't agree more League despite what people say about it being really physical, to me comes across as glorified touch rugby. Bloke gets tackled, keeps possession and rolls the ball back freely to his mate, This happens five times then they boot the ball up the other end of the pitch. Scrums are rare and never go against the head. Lineouts don't exist and sod me they'd think it was an on pitch riot if they saw a ruck or a maul. Bit of a simpletons game compared to Union which requires actual thought, cunning, varying tactics as well as the physical presence.

It's the number of times the scrums fail and the endless hoofing the ball that I bet Paul Lambert has wet dreams over that does my head in. Plus some inexplicable infringement that results in a penalty that they take on from the halfway line whilst Brian Moore starts foaming at the mouth at how shit the refereeing is against England. I prefer League where you just watch them running and getting hammered for 80 minutes.

• Like 2

^                ^                           union league              l________l

It's the number of times the scrums fail and the endless hoofing the ball that I bet Paul Lambert has wet dreams over that does my head in. Plus some inexplicable infringement that results in a penalty that they take on from the halfway line whilst Brian Moore starts foaming at the mouth at how shit the refereeing is against England. I prefer League where you just watch them running and getting hammered for 80 minutes.

Reffing is definitely the downfall of Union. So much depends on them. They can let the game flow, or they can find something to blow for every ten seconds. These days they can also send players to the sin bin, which can ruin a game as well.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â