Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Does RATM count as rap - totally effing awesome in my book.

They are often cited as one of the pioneers/inspirations for the genre. As they are considered more respectable than most rap metal acts though a lot of people don't like the link.

I was thinking of stuff like Fred Durst's band, Blink 182, Offspring, Papa Roach and similar, I think it falls under Nu-Metal.

Yeah there was loads of nu-metal bands in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Offspring and Blink 182 don't fit into this category though, although nu-metal fans tended to appreciate them.

I'm the same.

I was around that age at that time so it will always have a certain amount of nostalgia for me, even though I don't really think the quality of music is very high there!

It was generally sneered at as a genre but Limp Bizkit were very good musically.  Although Fred Durst was a bit of dick and spouted a load of crap lyrics (even though I loved him at the time)

Loved Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Papa Roach but when they were at their peak I was about 14/15/16 which had to have been their demographic.  Angst ridden teenage boys gettin' all angry at shizz.

Were you lame enough to wear a red NY Yankees cap backwards?

No?  Just me then.

Why did the Guardian ruin their website design?

:(

Loved Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Papa Roach but when they were at their peak I was about 14/15/16 which had to have been their demographic.  Angst ridden teenage boys gettin' all angry at shizz.

Were you lame enough to wear a red NY Yankees cap backwards?

No?  Just me then.

Lame only because it was the Yankees.

The early 2000s had some cracking music in my view, linkin parks hybrid theory was fantastic, over the years the only tune I listen to off that album is paper cut. Great tune.

You cant throw blink in with nu metal bands of the early 2000s, they really had a break through with dammit/ dude ranch in the mid 90s and enema of the state was in 1999.

I was of that age when Nu-metal got big too, but Blink and Offspring were Pop Punk Rock if anything which also grew in popularity at the time.

Yeah, Limp Bizkit were shit, but The Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water holds a special place in my heart. I won't have a bad word said about Hybrid Theory though, I love that album.

Actually, something I don't get is 'going off' music. If I ever liked something, then I still like it. Doesn't mean I play it as often, but there is nothing that I have come to dislike, having liked it previously.

I was of that age when Nu-metal got big too, but Blink and Offspring were Pop Punk Rock if anything which also grew in popularity at the time.

Yeah, Limp Bizkit were shit, but The Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water holds a special place in my heart. I won't have a bad word said about Hybrid Theory though, I love that album.

Significant Other > Chocolate Starfish

why motorcyclists think that slow moving / stopped traffic automatically gives them the right to drive on the wrong side of the road  ... it's  all right mate you come on through , I'll just mount this kerb to get out your way

(yes it could have gone in the piss you off thread)

• Like 1

why motorcyclists think that slow moving / stopped traffic automatically gives them the right to drive on the wrong side of the road  ... it's  all right mate you come on through , I'll just mount this kerb to get out your way

Performing a sex act on public works to help a biker? I don't get it.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â