Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I despise gender reveals

Same. When we were expecting kids, people would ask "Are you hoping for a boy, or a girl?" when we literally couldn't see why we would care. 

As it turned out, we had two girls. Each of which is now also the mother of two girls. They're all great. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

110% tax on all gender reveal parties and associated items.

Further swingeing financial penalties if they have a ‘Prosecco o’clock’ type sign in the house, bought from a garden centre.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

What about 'Live, Laugh, Love"  stencilled on a wall in silver?

Yep, that’s under ‘type’ along with ‘You don’t have to be mad to live here’, or ‘dinner is ready when the smoke alarm goes off’.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Attention.

Thats the point. 

And ... easy, brainless, effortless attention, too. The kind that requires disposable money more than anything else. I hope the parents put aside a few bob for the future psychotherapists some of their kids are going to need. Might be hard to grow up in a family like that.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

When people finally come to their senses and realise my offer of becoming benevolent dictator is still on the table:

110% tax on all gender reveal parties and associated items.

Further swingeing financial penalties if they have a ‘Prosecco o’clock’ type sign in the house, bought from a garden centre.

I’m up for your role … long as  we can still have lampposts and you don’t ban rope 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Meh, I’ve been to a gender reveal this year as it happens. It’s fine. It’s how I imagine a baby shower to be.

Would I have had one? Probably not, but I also probably wouldn’t be massively put out if my partner really wanted to host one either.

As a guest, booze, food, quick look to see what colour the inside of the cake is. Back to the booze and food.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Meh, I’ve been to a gender reveal this year as it happens. It’s fine. It’s how I imagine a baby shower to be.

Would I have had one? Probably not, but I also probably wouldn’t be massively put out if my partner really wanted to host one either.

As a guest, booze, food, quick look to see what colour the inside of the cake is. Back to the booze and food.

Look, if you're going to start sounding reasonable and sane around here, I think we're going to have a problem. 😉

But yeah. while It would have never happened in my household, it'd be pretty dickish to get all attitudinal if friends invited me to one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

And what exactly is a sodding baby shower?

Way to get free swag from anyone you invite was how I looked at it.

I priced out how much some nibbles and a case of wine would be, saw that we’d come out ahead so let my wife have one.

I’m very romantic as you can tell.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â