Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

How the hell has this woman got away with punching a **** horse and then got away with it, being innocent of animal cruelty.  SHE **** PUNCHED IT.

And then comes out with a holier than though statement.

You just know the judge was some sort of country gent who sided with her.

It's a disgrace.

I'd pay good money to watch her try and do the same to a kangaroo.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2023 at 15:19, chrisp65 said:

Apparently we can all kick dogs now. Providing we don’t eat bacon.

Bacon or Kicking Dogs?  and Bacon will win every time in a straight choice. I'll happily forgo the dog kicking for a bacon sarnie

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Always amazes me that peanuts grow underground and not on trees or bushes. 

Had to Google this to check it out, cos of the spaghetti growing on trees report, but that is interesting. Apparently peanuts aren't nuts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, luckyeddie said:

Had to Google this to check it out, cos of the spaghetti growing on trees report, but that is interesting. Apparently peanuts aren't nuts.

The Tanganyika groundnut scheme, or East Africa groundnut scheme, was a failed attempt by the British government to cultivate tracts of its African trust territory Tanganyika (now part of Tanzania) with peanuts. Launched in the aftermath of World War II by the Labour Party administration of prime minister Clement Attlee, the goal was to produce urgently needed oilseeds on a projected 3 million acres (5,000 sq miles, or over 12,000 km2; an area almost as big as Yorkshire) of land, in order to increase margarine supplies in Britain and develop a neglected backwater of the British Empire. Despite an enormous effort and at a cost of £36 million (equivalent to over £1 billion in 2020 value), the project was a disastrous failure and was finally abandoned as unworkable in 1951.

Wiki

• Like 2

Yes, rip to the poor pilot. But who cares about your baby's biological sex? Why do some people do this shit? Also, the pink and blue ... way to start the kid off on the road to conformity. (Also, side note: Aren't wings the main thing you expect to stay attached to planes?)

MEXICO -- A pilot has died after the plane he was flying as part of a gender reveal party in Mexico crashed on Sunday.

Video posted online shows the plane releasing pink smoke as it flies over a couple waiting in front of a sign that reads "Oh baby," surrounded by pink and blue balloons.

The recording captures the moment the plane's left wing appears to separate from the fuselage as it flies away from the group of people below.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yes, rip to the poor pilot. But who cares about your baby's biological sex? Why do some people do this shit? Also, the pink and blue ... way to start the kid off on the road to conformity. (Also, side note: Aren't wings the main thing you expect to stay attached to planes?)

The whole thing is **** stupid and I assume all done for social media, oohh look at me, look at me one upmanship 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I dont get gender reveals in the slightest but come on, I don't get that nonsense either

There's nothing wrong with getting your baby girl a pink baby grow and your baby boy a blue one, same with painting their bedrooms etc etc

• Like 1

The Tanganyika groundnut scheme, or East Africa groundnut scheme, was a failed attempt by the British government to cultivate tracts of its African trust territory Tanganyika (now part of Tanzania) with peanuts. Launched in the aftermath of World War II by the Labour Party administration of prime minister Clement Attlee, the goal was to produce urgently needed oilseeds on a projected 3 million acres (5,000 sq miles, or over 12,000 km2; an area almost as big as Yorkshire) of land, in order to increase margarine supplies in Britain and develop a neglected backwater of the British Empire. Despite an enormous effort and at a cost of £36 million (equivalent to over £1 billion in 2020 value), the project was a disastrous failure and was finally abandoned as unworkable in 1951.

I can remember Magnus Pyke explaining how pigs fed on groundnuts became bloated with liquid fat, which made their meat inedible.

Pyke, a nutritionist, had a theory that body-shapes were determined by diet, which accounted for why American women had such big arses - "Jello on springs", as Jack Lemmon described Sugar's hips.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I dont get gender reveals in the slightest but come on, I don't get that nonsense either

There's nothing wrong with getting your baby girl a pink baby grow and your baby boy a blue one, same with painting their bedrooms etc etc

I never understood what they were and thought they'd all be boring unless the kid was a hermaphrodite.

giphy.gif

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â