Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

The older I get the more I think I'd like to live in London.

All those unfriendly people not speaking to you on cheap public transport seems like an absolute bonus these days

And largely underwater in 30 years :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, limpid said:

And largely underwater in 30 years :mrgreen:

Nah. It's a matter of time till we hear a prime minister telling us that the £80bn they have to spend on flood defenses in London will be good for the whole country. 

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Yep, but he was more annoyed at the others going up to him and shouting "aah woooooo !!" in his face 🤣

Were his middle names 'Werewolf Of London'? 

• Haha 1

How the **** Brits are allowed to own cats above the normal domestic breeds legally. Things like caracals and servals. Specifically those 2. These things are highly highly effective predators. They are not even nearly domesticated. They are wild cats that look like hybrid breeds until they get pissed off and then you become the headline in a newspaper. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

How the **** Brits are allowed to own cats above the normal domestic breeds legally. Things like caracals and servals. Specifically those 2. These things are highly highly effective predators. They are not even nearly domesticated. They are wild cats that look like hybrid breeds until they get pissed off and then you become the headline in a newspaper. 

They're not allowed though are they? Except under some special circumstances.

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Well yeah, that's madness. Although tbh, this is the first of heard of the phenomenon. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Well yeah, that's madness. Although tbh, this is the first of heard of the phenomenon. 

I feel 'owning' a cat in general is madness. Can't stand them. Horrible animals which even the most domesticated are still fairly wild. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I feel 'owning' a cat in general is madness. Can't stand them. Horrible animals which even the most domesticated are still fairly wild. 

Oh no, don't start the dogs v cats thread again (they each have their own thread anyway). Full disclosure: I'm firmly on Team Cat, I love them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Our cat is testing our patience at the moment . He pissed in my running trainer about two week ago then pissed in the wife doc Martin on Friday . Cats are generally clean but he’s started getting a bit dirty in his old age . Maybe he needs to go vet and get checked out. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Dogs and cats are both great in their own way.  
I really don’t get the very widespread hatred of cats, save for the odd bellend amongst them they’re generally ace animals.

If people could keep their cats out of my garden I'd probably like them a lot more. 

I don't own a cat so shouldn't have to pick cat poo out of my lawn. Let alone worry about my son falling in it. 

The neighbours one also sat on the birdbox in our garden and stopped some bluetits nesting there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Our cat is testing our patience at the moment . He pissed in my running trainer about two week ago then pissed in the wife doc Martin on Friday . Cats are generally clean but he’s started getting a bit dirty in his old age . Maybe he needs to go vet and get checked out. 

Has he started bunging Henry up his arse yet? Thats the time to get worried ;)

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Cats are rocket polishers. They might be nice, fluffy and cute rocket polishers, but still rocket polishers. 

• Like 1

On 29/10/2022 at 12:00, bickster said:

The older I get the more I think I'd like to live in London.

I always say to my mate that when I retire (hopefully in my early 50s) I will rent a place in central London, like Marylebone, for 6 months, and do all the sights and 'live London' for a bit. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always say to my mate that when I retire (hopefully in my early 50s) I will rent a place in central London, like Marylebone, for 6 months, and do all the sights and 'live London' for a bit. 

I/we really enjoyed the tourist parts of London but I found the suburbs depressing.

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I don't own a cat so shouldn't have to pick cat poo out of my lawn. Let alone worry about my son falling in it.

If it's on your lawn, I'd be surprised if it's a cat. They generally go somewhere more private, like bushes, and where they can dig a hole and bury their shit. On the lawn, it's as likely to be urban foxes. We don't currently have a cat, but the neighbours on one side have two, and the other side have four. They all wander through our garden, and we never see any cat shit. 

But I wasn't going to get dragged into the cats argument... 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â