Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Only time I've eaten Michelin Star food what when Adams first opened in Brum. 

He tested the water with a very small restaurant which had a very limited lunchtime menu. 

There was literally nothing on it I fancied. I was dreading the food, so many of the ingredients didn't appeal to me, but when I ate it it was absolutely amazing. 

Goes to show these guys really know what they're doing, mixing things together to elevate them way above the sum of their parts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Billy Eilish. I tried listening, I really did. I'm not sure any music has ever left me so cold. 

Probably because I'm just becoming an old fart.  I've also never been more disinterested in a Glastonbury line up, probably for the same reason. 

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Billy Eilish. I tried listening, I really did. I'm not sure any music has ever left me so cold. 

Probably because I'm just becoming an old fart.  I've also never been more disinterested in a Glastonbury line up, probably for the same reason. 

I don't mind it, theres a lot of good stuff in the 2nd tier there, pretty much everyone you'd expect 

As for her yeah I'm in the same boat, don't see it, appreciate that she's different and creative but it's not for me

I'd have watched foals on the other stage last night and been very happy about it 

As I said in the music thread when they came out though I watched wet leg this morning, nope not having them, they're garbage 

Edited by villa4europe

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The interesting stuff isn’t at the top of the bill in the main

Billy Eilish is clearly talented it’s just not for me.

But there’s been some great stuff on already, this is by no means the worst Glastonbury lineup. St Vincent, Wet Leg, Dry Cleaning, Phoebe Bridgers, Jesus and Mary Chain all good for me so far. Right now I'm watching Kruangbin a band I'm a bit 50 / 50 on if I'm honest but they seem to be having a good gig

There really is something for everyone, if you don’t like something move onto something else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I don't mind it, theres a lot of good stuff in the 2nd tier there, pretty much everyone you'd expect 

As for her yeah I'm in the same boat, don't see it, appreciate that she's different and creative but it's not for me

I'd have watched foals on the other stage last night and been very happy about it 

As I said in the music thread when they came out though I watched wet leg this morning, nope not having them, they're garbage 

I suppose 'you're only happy when it rains' at Glastonbury

Hasbulla Clap GIF - Hasbulla Clap Clapping - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There are 2 football centres in the vicinity.

One is goals at Starcity and the other is power league in Aston. The price of both is near identical I believe.

One has good pitches good facilities good parking good nets and is generally better.

The other though they have improved in recent times is a bit of a shithole.

The shithole is always packed and you get kicked off on the hour and the other one is often dead. 

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There are 2 football centres in the vicinity.

One is goals at Starcity and the other is power league in Aston. The price of both is near identical I believe.

One has good pitches good facilities good parking good nets and is generally better.

The other though they have improved in recent times is a bit of a shithole.

The shithole is always packed and you get kicked off on the hour and the other one is often dead. 

Is the packed shithole Stab City? 

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is the packed shithole Stab City? 

Well I would say St Andrews but the "packed" description put that out the window. 

• Like 1

Adidas tube socks, the ones with the 3 stripes at the top, plain white with black stripes = £15 for a pack of 3 pairs

Adidas x Gucci socks, same thing but with the Gucci logo thrown on = £155 for a pair

That's not even the most ridiculous thing in the collection either 

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I wouldn’t be particularly happy at the thought of paying £15 for three pairs of socks in all honesty.

Adidas logo has to be worth an extra £7 of anyone's money surely? 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kept the wife happy at Christmas 

Oh well yeah, if someone wants to buy me them, I won’t say no. Not something I’d consider buying for myself though. 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Adidas logo has to be worth an extra £7 of anyone's money surely? 

Not for me, don’t believe I own anything Adidas related now that I think about it. I don’t buy anything inherently for the logo these days.

23 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Not for me, don’t believe I own anything Adidas related now that I think about it. I don’t buy anything inherently for the logo these days.

Was just a joke. The Adidas mark up of £7 is in effect no different from the £150 Gucci mark up. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â