Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

In all fairness to Pete Davidson, the majority of the famous women he has been linked to have comparable if not more wealth than him. He is fairly funny, so that may be the attraction. I heard that he hits them with zingers based on the names of people on Facebook. Chicks apparently love that shit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 01/03/2022 at 15:54, mjmooney said:

What I find pointless are Yorkshire puddings. Cannot see the point. 

They’re for putting gravy in aren’t they? Which means they are a good thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blandy said:

They’re for putting gravy in aren’t they? Which means they are a good thing.

One of the pub chains used to do a massive Yorkshire pudding containing a Lincolnshire sausage then filled with gravy. Absolute heaven. 

But there is nothing worse than a dry husk of a Yorkshire pudding. Toby Carvery is the worst for that. 

• Like 1

Texture innit

You want that crunch in there, same as why proper crispy roasties are the best (does anyone even bother with plain boiled spuds anymore) 

Same as fried bread / toast or me personally near burnt hash Browns on a breakfast, it's doing the same thing 

Prawn crackers, poppadoms, it's all the same 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Texture innit

You want that crunch in there, same as why proper crispy roasties are the best (does anyone even bother with plain boiled spuds anymore) 

Same as fried bread / toast or me personally near burnt hash Browns on a breakfast, it's doing the same thing 

Prawn crackers, poppadoms, it's all the same 

my mate boils his spuds, sausage and veg in the same pan, never seen such an insipidly bland colourless offering 

• Sad 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

my mate boils his spuds, sausage and veg in the same pan, never seen such an insipidly bland colourless offering 

Back the **** up. Boils his sausage. Boiled sausage. This is one for the gravy fish thread. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My aunty used to do tinned mushy peasand smash mashed potato covered in instant gravy 

I've had soups that had more to them 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Back the **** up. Boils his sausage. Boiled sausage. This is one for the gravy fish thread. 

Uncooked sausages cut and put in a stew or broth are tasty as. Don't knock it til you've tried it.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Same. I assumed it was the Doctor Who guy. Googled this other one, and I'm none the wiser. 

I didn't think I'd heard of him either but then I remembered I saw him on TV one night when I came in a bit drunk , on a Justin Bieber "roast" thing. (Lots of celebrities stand up and take the piss out of each other.) He was pretty funny to be honest. His dad died in 9/11, and he makes jokes about that as a way of dealing with it. The below might be a tiny bit NSFW.

59 minutes ago, Risso said:

I didn't think I'd heard of him either but then I remembered I saw him on TV one night when I came in a bit drunk , on a Justin Bieber "roast" thing. (Lots of celebrities stand up and take the piss out of each other.) He was pretty funny to be honest. His dad died in 9/11, and he makes jokes about that as a way of dealing with it. The below might be a tiny bit NSFW.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Expensive watches

Was just looking at the Watches thread and it just goes over my head completely.

I get that they go up in value and can be a good investment, but it’s the whole concept of wearing £5k or £10k or whatever on your wrist that just boggles the mind. Aren’t you worried about getting mugged?

I feel the same way about jewellery tbh

I get it. I personally love the engineering and artistry in it. Most people with a genuine interest in watches usually have a few pieces, personally I'd never wear one of my nicer ones up the Villa, or anywhere that something horrible could happen, I'll wear the watch I wear most days instead. Wierdly, I've never owned a piece of Jewelry other than my wedding ring.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Expensive watches

Was just looking at the Watches thread and it just goes over my head completely.

I get that they go up in value and can be a good investment, but it’s the whole concept of wearing £5k or £10k or whatever on your wrist that just boggles the mind. Aren’t you worried about getting mugged?

I feel the same way about jewellery tbh

Yeah, it baffles me too. 

As per the post below yours I've not much interested the engineering. Much rather go look at a steam engine or massive crane or something to appreciate engineering. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, it baffles me too. 

As per the post below yours I've not much interested the engineering. Much rather go look at a steam engine or massive crane or something to appreciate engineering. 

Steam engines oooof, lovely. Micro engineering is very impressive, embrace it. Read up about a George Daniels or a Phillipe Dufour, what they did/do is incredible.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â