Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh no, people having fun, can’t be having that.

What's fun about watching fat men throw arrows at a small circle? 

Take me to the nearest comedy club please. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What's fun about watching fat men throw arrows at a small circle? 

Take me to the nearest comedy club please. 

Some folks ask what’s fun about watching 22 overpaid and overpruned arseholes trying to kick a ball into a net……I’m not even much of a darts fan myself but just found it curious that people having fun and creating an atmosphere was being seen as a bad thing. Although it explains how flat the atmosphere can be at VP some times (last night included).

• Like 3

So me, MrsSidE, the lad and his girlfriend drove down yesterday for an overnight stay, leaving the ladies in the pub whilst we went to the game.  Got back to the hotel and it was full of youngsters from a certain community, so we went elsewhere for a nightcap drink.

This morning when we checked out, chatting to the staff, it seemed that they the youngsters from a certain community decided to smash every roof tile on the floors of the hotel where their bedrooms were.

Why? 

Edited by Sid4ever
Removing 1 St Elsewhere

1 minute ago, Sid4ever said:

So me, MrsSidE, the lad and his girlfriend drove down yesterday for an overnight stay, leaving the ladies in the pub whilst we went to the game.  Got back to the hotel and it was full of youngsters from a certain community, so we went elsewhere for a nightcap drink elsewhere.

This morning when we checked out, chatting to the staff, it seemed that they the youngsters from a certain community decided to smash every roof tile on the floors of the hotel where their bedrooms were.

Why? 

Retirement community?

4 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

So me, MrsSidE, the lad and his girlfriend drove down yesterday for an overnight stay, leaving the ladies in the pub whilst we went to the game.  Got back to the hotel and it was full of youngsters from a certain community, so we went elsewhere for a nightcap drink.

Why? 

You would expect better from the nuns of The Community of St. John the Divine. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Retirement community?

Only if that community was under 25.

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You would expect better from the nuns of The Community of St. John the Divine. 

Not sure there were any nuns there well certainly not from St John the Divine, or even the Shires of Appleby dominion.

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Darts is a fine game for playing in the pub. As a spectator sport? Hell, no. 

See also: snooker. 

been to darts a couple of times and it is quite bizarre. you pay this money to get pissed watching on the big screens, because of course you can't see the dart board

snooker i get, at least you can see the action with your own eyes and not via a big screen

it's a piss up basically, you're not there for the love of the sport.

• Like 1

I was at a hotel last week. I was going to have a drink but there were some ______ people in the bar and I didn't want to drink in the same place as them. 

Be interesting to see what would go in that blank which wouldn't be shitty.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why won't you just say who you're talking about? 

The travelling community.

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I was at a hotel last week. I was going to have a drink but there were some ______ people in the bar and I didn't want to drink in the same place as them. 

Sorry, but that’s a poor reflection of what I was saying.  It was more the damage that was caused not that the bar was full.  But each to their own.

22 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Some folks ask what’s fun about watching 22 overpaid and overpruned arseholes trying to kick a ball into a net……I’m not even much of a darts fan myself but just found it curious that people having fun and creating an atmosphere was being seen as a bad thing. Although it explains how flat the atmosphere can be at VP some times (last night included).

This. If people aren't interested in darts then they don't have to watch it, but the complaints about it always come off as miserable and kind of snobbish tbh.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Small Heath ?

Bluenoses ?

In Town mate ?

On 27/12/2021 at 13:06, PussEKatt said:

I dont understand the big attraction for Darts ? Watched a bit of world darts or something similar and all it was is, 20 20 20 20 double 6 Followed by 20 20 20 20 double 10 etc etc etc.

I love it, I think it's a great watch on TV as a spectator sport at the top level. Watching live is just a pissup as you can't see a bean but that is great fun too as long as you know what you're letting yourself in for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I love it, I think it's a great watch on TV as a spectator sport at the top level. Watching live is just a pissup as you can't see a bean but that is great fun too as long as you know what you're letting yourself in for.

Cracking match there between Cross and Gurney

• Like 1

I have the same problem with darts that I have with the olympics - it's **** boring. I appreciate it takes a huge amount of dedication, training and skill, but I just don't see what there is to enjoy as a spectator - oh, you threw the dart accurately. ran fastest, or jumped highest, great. I admire the people who can succeed at it, but it's a bit too basic and one-dimensional to get any enjoyment from watching it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I have the same problem with darts that I have with the olympics - it's **** boring. I appreciate it takes a huge amount of dedication, training and skill, but I just don't see what there is to enjoy as a spectator - oh, you threw the dart accurately. ran fastest, or jumped highest, great. I admire the people who can succeed at it, but it's a bit too basic and one-dimensional to get any enjoyment from watching it.

Seems like the piss up and the atmosphere are the main attraction with attending darts.  Not sure how much attention the actual darts the spectators pay.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â