Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

news?

I know I should be interested in local news, but I'm not. And national/international news I tend to get off the internet. TBH, I think most TV is crap, but these new local channels seem to be uber-crap beyond belief.

That's like my dad.

Only drinks Nescafé instant.

He'll turn his nose up at a proper coffee.

My dad also prefers Nescafe. I suspect it's because he's selectively cheap or selectively lazy. My father in law is like your dad, though. He won't drink proper coffee. They don't really have proper coffee in Bosnia, where he grew up.

It's strange how habit shapes you. Objectively, or almost, Nescafe is rubbish. As in some other countries around the eastern mediterranean, they only have Nescafe or that weird Turkish stuff in Bosnia. Visiting the in-laws is a perpetual challenge for this particular drinker of strong, black proper coffee.

Edited by Michelsen

I love my coffee. Every morning I have one on the way to work, and when I don't have coffee I do occasionally struggle.

I tried to change to decaf a few years ago, but I had to switch back as I was preparing for a job interview and couldn't concentrate.

I only have instant coffee at work, but at home I'll use one of my two coffee machines, percolator or cafetière. Yup. Addict.

I don't get why so many people 'drink monster energy drink'. i tried it, didn't like it and I don't get why it's so popular.

This, but for Red Bull.

Every now and again I get myself a can of that green relentless stuff, not for the energy kick but just because I like it. Saying that I can't remember the last time I bought a can of it, I might have to treat myself to one tomorrow

the only energy drink i like if you can count it as one is orange lucozade, i bloody love it.

I found myself drinking at least a bottle a day a while back. It's like crack.

Someone on here kindly pointed out the enormous amount of sugar in it though and I've avoided it since. Like most things, it's fine in moderation.

I don't drink coffee but I wonder about lagers. I don't believe anyone would pick Carling in a taste test yet it is massively popular.

My only theory is people that drink Carling have never tried any other lager.

It was the first drink I regularly ordered in the pub when I was old enough to get served. But I didn't know any better, it was just a drink I knew of!

I always laugh when you see someone on facebook post something like "just relaxing with a nice pint!" and the picture is a pint of Carling.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â