Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

• 1 month later...

Selfie sticks.

Its so you can take a photo of yourself somewhere, instead of actually remembering that you were there.

On that note , I had to laugh the other week as I was at the ** cough ** spot , where baby Jebus was born , hundreds of pilgrims queuing up , we bribed a local and entered through the exit door and avoided the 2 hour queue :) , but I digress ... Anyhow there is an alter built on top of the spot pilgrims waiting their turn for hours and then when it's your turn you can kinda bend down and kiss the spot or cry depending on what sort of pilgrim you are !! I'm finding all this rather bemusing when this Indian couple have their turn ... They drop down on the area pull out their selfie stick and capture the moment ..... The priest went bat shit at them , I wish I had known what they were going to do as I'd have captured the moment on camera ... Not with a selfie stick though

• Like 1

On that note , I had to laugh the other week as I was at the ** cough ** spot , where baby Jebus was born , hundreds of pilgrims queuing up , we bribed a local and entered through the exit door and avoided the 2 hour queue :) , but I digress ... Anyhow there is an alter built on top of the spot pilgrims waiting their turn for hours and then when it's your turn you can kinda bend down and kiss the spot or cry depending on what sort of pilgrim you are !! I'm finding all this rather bemusing when this Indian couple have their turn ... They drop down on the area pull out their selfie stick and capture the moment ..... The priest went bat shit at them , I wish I had known what they were going to do as I'd have captured the moment on camera ... Not with a selfie stick though

Did it feel like Universal Studios? Was it like being in the actual film book? Were all the murders / genocides committed by the father realistically reproduced? Is that why some were crying?

:D

• Like 1

when your missus, her sister and her sisters fella decide they want to go blackpool today. i told them it would be a waste of time and money and the weather would be awful but would they listen? NO, got up there about half 11 and naff all was open. so we drove a 220 mile round trip just to eat fish and chips which was overpriced and did not even fill us up and waste 20 quid in the arcade's. the only thing i enjoyed was the walk on the beach which was nice especially with the noise of the sea and wind as it was really windy. so overall we spent about 80 quid just for a walk on the beach.

• Like 1

Did it feel like Universal Studios? Was it like being in the actual film book? Were all the murders / genocides committed by the father realistically reproduced? Is that why some were crying?

:D

funny enough there was a Starbucks just the other side of the square but no nail yourself to a cross theme rides

• Like 1

I think being off work has sent me a bit feral.

I think I swear more at work than outside of it. Not that I swear much anyway, but I like it to have an impact when I do.

I think I swear more at work than outside of it. Not that I swear much anyway, but I like it to have an impact when I do.

I have to be able to switch it on and off a bit, depending on whether I'm talking to roofers and sparkies on site or some up himself Client or agent that presumes he's important because he's in a London office wearing a shiny suit. People in glass sided offices are apparently still impressed with a selective f bomb in a meeting.

I have found, sadly, that on site there are still a few people that presume its a timid request and not a real instruction unless you shout and swear a bit. Not the actual doers, the site managers, they still live in a very hairy arsed macho 1981 world on a few sites.

I have to be able to switch it on and off a bit, depending on whether I'm talking to roofers and sparkies on site or some up himself Client or agent that presumes he's important because he's in a London office wearing a shiny suit. People in glass sided offices are apparently still impressed with a selective f bomb in a meeting.

I have found, sadly, that on site there are still a few people that presume its a timid request and not a real instruction unless you shout and swear a bit. Not the actual doers, the site managers, they still live in a very hairy arsed macho 1981 world on a few sites.

There was me thinking you live in the same world as evoked by Max Boyce stories, where swearing never got any stronger than 'bloody hell!'.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â