Four Players who are now bankrupt

Sidmon

I think everybody has their own "bumped into Hendrie up Broad Street" story and he was a total word removed who got exactly what he deserved.

Yep. If you frequented Broad St or the Arcadian on a Saturday when he was in his 'prime' then you'd have more than likely bumped into him acting like a clearing in the woods. The burning notes thing seemed to be his party trick.

I have no sympathy at all for any of them. As Trent Villa said, they could just have stuck the money in the bank and be set for life, even though interest rates are crap at the moment, they weren't when the likes of Hendrie was playing.

Trouble is you live to your income whether you earn £20k  a year or £200k a week. 

As others have said, most footballers are thick and would be sitting ducks for dodgy or risky investments - or just outright twattish spending. 

A fool and his money are easily parted afterall.

Trouble is you live to your income whether you earn £20k  a year or £200k a week. 

As others have said, most footballers are thick and would be sitting ducks for dodgy or risky investments - or just outright twattish spending. 

A fool and his money are easily parted afterall.

That's when you'd hope their agents would help them out.

I mean, I heard a celeb (can't remember, but one I think I respect) say the other day "once you've paid for your house and bought a nice car, what else is there to spend money on?"

I got that, I mean, you could spend any amount of money on useless shit, and travelling etc.  But most of the time a footballers time is spent travelling with a team, or not doing risky things to injure yourself.

How anyone can be on 35k a week (1.8 mill a year) for 4 years (one contract) and end up broke is amazing.  I know Hendrie's loss was investment related, but how can you not see an investment fall to shit?

James's bankruptcy is even more incredible, he was playing at the top level for about 15 years!!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â