Paul Lambert

limpid

Can't really complain. We played better than I thought we would. Negative side though, we give the ball away in ways that would make most Sunday league teams blush.

Another evening to avoid on topic methinks

A strange post.

Quite why he changed it today (Bacuna, Grealish) at time when the game seemed to be inching in our favour is beyond me.

I m starting think he has taken us as far as he can.

The game was completely taken out of our hands when Fernando was brought on. Lambert made those changes as a counter to Man City taking hold of the game with that substitution i'd imagine.

• Like 1

After...

Liverpool away

Arsenal home

Chelsea away

Man City home

In a row, to be 7th and nowhere near the bottom 3 is a good achievement; of which I'm happy with. If we don't build on it then I'll start getting annoyed but for no I'm feeling okay.

• Like 2

Now to start off let's not kid ourselves Man City are a bloody good side. Movement technique and general ability is far beyond anything we can even dream of.

Now I'm not sure whether it's Lambert's instructions or the players mind sets but I just don't get why we started to sit back after about 70 mins. We always do it and it just invites pressure on to us. So frustrating to lose like that when we could see it coming.

• Like 1

Now to start off let's not kid ourselves Man City are a bloody good side. Movement technique and general ability is far beyond anything we can even dream of.

Now I'm not sure whether it's Lambert's instructions or the players mind sets but I just don't get why we started to sit back after about 70 mins. We always do it and it just invites pressure on to us. So frustrating to lose like that when we could see it coming.

I think we are over egging Man City - true on paper they have players we can only dream of - but didn't think they looked any special tonight - no where near arsenal a couple of weeks back.

Is it not possible that the players tired and City found another gear, forcing us back?

It is possible - but we seem to sit back against most teams.

The amount of time we spend in our own half it can't be that much of a surprise that we score so few goals.

• Like 2

Is it not possible that the players tired and City found another gear, forcing us back?

The amount of time we spend in our own half it can't be that much of a surprise that we score so few goals.

Fair point. But these games are really not the right time to pass judgement. I expect more against Everton but let's be fair, on their day they are much better than us too.

Quite why he changed it today (Bacuna, Grealish) at time when the game seemed to be inching in our favour is beyond me.

Totally agree, just said this in the match thread, but a bizarre and naive double substitution that IMO cost us a point.

Agreed we have fallen back into that really bad habit of defending too deep and inviting pressure

I think we are over egging Man City - true on paper they have players we can only dream of - but didn't think they looked any special tonight - no where near arsenal a couple of weeks back.

Agree with that too. They have spent crazy amounts of sovereign oil wealth and they still do not look like world beaters. Personally I hope they fall flat on their faces given what they represent in football. 

Is the right answer. 

Totally disagree with that. We sat back way too deep and tried to play for a point. Add to that Lambert seriously weakening the side with his crazy double substitution and result was inevitable.

With a bit more guile we could have very easily caught them on the break as we did last season.

Is the right answer. 

Totally disagree with that. We sat back way too deep and tried to play for a point. Add to that Lambert seriously weakening the side with his crazy double substitution and result was inevitable.

With a bit more guile we could have very easily caught them on the break as we did last season.

.......its that guile Harry, which is the elusive bit.

Totally agree, just said this in the match thread, but a bizarre and naive double substitution that IMO cost us a point.

Fernando came on 6 minutes before our double substitution. The game had well and truly swung back in their favour well before Bacuna and Grealish came on.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â