Paul Lambert

limpid

I don't see how giving him more money is going to make him any less tactically and strategically inept, but I would love to be proved wrong.

I don't see how a new manager isn't going to be tactically inept (its an accusation levelled at Villa manager, Past present , and very possibly future)

• Like 1

I don't understand why people want him to have the chance? The football on display is horrible, non existent coaching etc. We can do a lot better if indeed we do have good money to spend. Just say thanks and let him go (if he keeps us up)

People have already given quite a few of their reasons.

For me he bits up the sound bites and regurgitates them....that been said by others of what he should do

He is a re active manager not a pro active manager.

I heard a snip that he asked the 2 suspended coaches on the Friday before the crystal palace game for some advice on a footballing matter after they had been suspended and they told him to **** off.

does that sound like a man in control or on their front foot.

Huh? They were suspended after the Palace game, that makes no sense.

Whilst things haven't gone well on and off the pitch for the last 5 games especially, he has done a valuable job in getting the club ready for a takeover for Lerner, whilst keeping us hopefully in the Premier League. I wouldn't begrudge him getting first dig with the new owners, unless we're talking crazy money that requires the real top, top managers.

We aren't going to attract top top managers though. The top managers won't see the attraction of the job and money won't be enough to attract them.

we could try pheromones, maybe get the tea lady to put out a few times, hire bugs bunny to dress as a woman or something

I don't understand why people want him to have the chance? The football on display is horrible, non existent coaching etc. We can do a lot better if indeed we do have good money to spend. Just say thanks and let him go (if he keeps us up)

People have given reasons.

Out of interest who would you expect us to be able to attract?

I don't see how giving him more money is going to make him any less tactically and strategically inept, but I would love to be proved wrong.

I don't see how a new manager isn't going to be tactically inept (its an accusation levelled at Villa manager, Past present , and very possibly future)

Preferably by hiring one who isn't.

It depends on the money available so hard to say and it also depends on what the owners are like. I'm not expecting us to attract top calibre managers but I don't personally think lambert is the answer long term if good money is indeed available. If there is no money i would keep him otherwise I think the club can do better depending on how much there is to spend (transfers and wages)

I honestly don't see new ownership keeping Lambert but just giving my 2 cents that if it were me personally I would at least give him a chance with some sufficient financial backing.

I think it depends how far down the line we are. If its waiting to be signed - and they have a new manager in mind or even agreed to take over - then he goes.

If we are still bogged down in legals come june/july - they might decide to start the season with Lambert......But despite the bad press he gets, and the shortage of quality managers, Lambert might decide to jump ship knowing he will get another job pretty quickly, Notts Forest, WBA, etc....

• Like 1

Preferably by hiring one who isn't.

Yeah but thats eluded us for the past 15 years or so.....

Hughes was kept on for 4 months after man city were taken over.

More like 14 months.

He also wasn't shit and got them to their best finish in donkey's years.

I don't want us to keep Lambert, takeover or otherwise. Two relegation battles in two years, poor football, poor results in that time, enough is enough. Some of our players appear to have gone backwards in the last year, I don't have faith that we'll be able to do any better even with an increased budget.

• Like 4

I think if we were to be taken over and had the financial clout to offer a manager a bumper deal with the promise of funds for quality players, then we would be a bit silly to let Lambert continue.

It would be based on nothing but blind faith because his record at Villa is simply horrendous.

He's not going to turn into Guadiola just coz he's been given money to spend and if he buys players and fails then it could set us back years.

Any new owners would need to forget about Lambert and pinpoint a manager with a specific footballing philosophy that they can develop at Villa with hopefully major transfer funds.

Lambert has no philosophy, no identity and ultimately no clue.

If new owners come in, I want a fresh start right through the club and put all this sorry mess behind us.

• Like 3

I don't want us to keep Lambert, takeover or otherwise. Two relegation battles in two years, poor football, poor results in that time, enough is enough. Some of our players appear to have gone backwards in the last year, I don't have faith that we'll be able to do any better even with an increased budget.

Fair enough. I actually believe that Delph and Westwood have made incredible strides this year. As for other players going backwards I think a lot of that can be attributed to injuries. Gabby and Weimann definitely don't have any excuses but I think Andi was a one trick pony anyways.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â