Paul Lambert

limpid

What ever your opinion of Paul Lambert is, there is one absolute fact that cannot be ignored. He is an intrinsic part of the Lerner/Faulkner/Lambert trinity that has brought Aston Villa to it's knees. Who ever takes over the club will need a totally clean slate to get the majority of Villa fans back on board. They will definitely need a new manager who is untainted by the past couple of seasons, in order to bring in the right players to take us forward.

The club was in a massive state way before Lambert came in. The new owners probably will need a new manager to placate the masses baying for blood but personally I'd like to see what Lambert could do if he was backed.

• Like 3

Takeover or not, I think Lambert should be given just one more season with the shackles removed just to see what he really could do. I'd like to think he could turn it round with decent backing, however if there has not been significant progress by the end of that season he should go.

He doesn't deserve the backing
Always add "imo" to the end of your posts because you don't speak for everyone here, certainly not me.

I think he should be given till xmas, at least. Imo.

Surely anything we state is in our opinion anyway. I personally won't be adding 'IMO' everytime I state my view on here, if that's alright with you of course.

Actually, you're one of quite a few forum members I wished did it. At least then you'd come across as slightly polite and promote interaction. As it stands, I think a lot of people find you too stubborn and single minded to get into any sort of "debate" with.

As someone stated earlier "middle ground" is impossible on this forum due to our teams plight.

Maybe when we're more successful on the pitch people can put away the sweeping statements and we can discuss more exciting things, like who we should start in an F.A. Cup final.

• Like 1

Randy's to blame for the problems at Villa not Lambert. You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear.

Middle Ground really is a mythical land isn't it? How about they're both to blame at varying degrees? 

We must have a fall guy and Lee Majors is too old

but seriously Lambert has neither proven he is the man for the job or conclusively that he isn't, too many variables.

We know he's crap but do we know why? No really do we?

Even Judge Judy couldn't solve the case of 'Is Paul Lambert the man for the Villa job.'

Yaaah, two random crap American cultural references already in this post and i'm not done.

actually think i'm done.

• Like 1

Actually, you're one of quite a few forum members I wished did it. At least then you'd come across as slightly polite and promote interaction. As it stands, I think a lot of people find you too stubborn and single minded to get into any sort of "debate" with.

As someone stated earlier "middle ground" is impossible on this forum due to our teams plight.

Maybe when we're more successful on the pitch people can put away the sweeping statements and we can discuss more exciting things, like who we should start in an F.A. Cup final.

Umm...I didn't think I came across as impolite to be honest. Amen to the last paragraph though.

What ever your opinion of Paul Lambert is, there is one absolute fact that cannot be ignored. He is an intrinsic part of the Lerner/Faulkner/Lambert trinity that has brought Aston Villa to it's knees. Who ever takes over the club will need a totally clean slate to get the majority of Villa fans back on board. They will definitely need a new manager who is untainted by the past couple of seasons, in order to bring in the right players to take us forward.

The club was in a massive state way before Lambert came in. The new owners probably will need a new manager to placate the masses baying for blood but personally I'd like to see what Lambert could do if he was backed.

That's an awful idea.  It would be Martin O'Neill all over again.  The man simply can't get his team playing football.  How about we back a man who can?

• Like 1

That's an awful idea.  It would be Martin O'Neill all over again.  The man simply can't get his team playing football.  How about we back a man who can?

I disagree. We have seen decent football under Lambert, just not nearly as often as we'd like. He's also shown that he's nothing like O'Neill when it comes to transfer policy.

• Like 1

My general feeling is Lambert will have to do something in the remaining games to keep his job with the new owner(s) IMO. 

Assuming that the new owners' intention isn't to come in and have three more years of relegation battles, why on earth would they keep Lambert?  He plays the worst football in the division, and is utterly tactically inept.  Surely they'll want to bring their own man in.

Edited by Risso

I think it's safe to assume this is the end for Paul Lambert at Villa. Good guy, a hope he gets another job soon and learns from his experience with Villa.

The Norwich job is surely a possibility?

No, he burned all his bridges there. Celtic or back to the lower leagues me thinks.

Edited by Isa

It's an odd situation for Paul Lambert. Assuming we stay up and Paul is 'relieved of his services', he has neither enhanced nor dramatically hindered his reputation over his tenure.

I mean I can't see a bigger or as big a club as Villa coming in for him but I can see a Norwich sized post going his way..... which is where he was of course.

• Like 1

It's funny but look at the press and other clubs message boards and most seem to think he's done a decent job here and are sympathetic to his bargain basement recruitment policy.

He's been very hit and miss as manager, some good wins with some record-breaking horrendous loses but I dunno I think he'll be o.k finding another top level job.

It's funny but look at the press and other clubs message boards and most seem to think he's done a decent job here and are sympathetic to his bargain basement recruitment policy.

He's been very hit and miss as manager, some good wins with some record-breaking horrendous loses but I dunno I think he'll be o.k finding another top level job.

He has done a decent job here in the perameters set. Yes we could of tried to play a bit more attractive football but that may of got us relegated. He was brought in to keep us in the league for a couple of seasons and then try and push on.

New owners tend to bring new managers but I'd be happy to give him till Xmas.

You know what, if we did get a new owner who was willing to give us some actual money to spend on a few quality players, I wouldn't mind giving Lambert til Christmas and a chance to show what he can really do. I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if he weren't given that opportunity. But I dunno, it would be interesting.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â