Paul Lambert

limpid

We didn't lose Benteke for the majority of the season though so it is a moot point.

If you read the whole post instead of reading the first sentence and reacting, people might start to take you more seriously.

I read it fine thanks. In no way does it nullify either the factualness or the relevance of my response.

Edit: The final bit is just self-pretentious babble which mistakenly assumes that I value my reputation in the eyes of you and your ilk. Newsflash...I don't which is why I've happily been a pariah (in terms of my views) on here throughout the season.

Edited by Isa

I just don't understand why anyone defends him. Even if you think the future will be bright under him I still don't get why you'd defend what's already happened. Surely no ones enjoyed these 2 years, what exactly is there to defend?

By the same token, I guess I don't understand people who post the same things and have the same arguments day in, day out in this thread. Just don't see the point.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

By the same token, I guess I don't understand people who post the same things and have the same arguments day in, day out in this thread. Just don't see the point.

Bye then.

Wait, so you can make a comment about not understanding why people do things, but as soon as I do it, it's not acceptable and deserves a snidey comment? :D

My comment was aimed at nobody in particular, because there are people in 'both camps' (yuck) that have the same arguments every day. I just don't see the appeal in it. What does it achieve? 

You're complaining about it being boring, so don't join in.

I've got no problem with people repeating themselves or joining in the same debates. I just don't see why people choose to defend a man who surely has brought them very little joy supporting their team.

Thats because they're not. I'm not sure any sane rational Villa fan can say hand on heart Lambert is the BEST man for the job. What he is, is the current man WITH the job and given sacking him will mean 4 managers in 4 years I am yet to be convinced sacking him is the correct course of action. I believe he has done as well as fortune and finance have allowed him to do.

Maybe my comprehension skills need brushing up but saying no other manager can do better is *exactly* the same as saying he is the best man for the job. For example, if I hired an specific artist to draw my portrait and declared no other artist could do it any better, then I am effectively claiming that the said artist is the best man for the job. In fact, basic cognative ability would tell you that if nobody else can do a particular job better than a certain individual then that individual must ergo be the best man for the said task, or joint-best at least.

I also believe the players have let him down. ..not through lack of ability but lack of concentration and experience, only one of those Lambert has any direct influence over.

An argument so indeterminate, it can be universally applied to every team in the world.

Its also massively unhelpful labelling other fans as "apologists" again I've not seen anyone apologising on Lambert's behalf for the situation more that they can see that not all the fault lies with him, that 2 years given the financial constraints is not enough time for him to build the squad he wants and that what the club needs is the fans support, a packed VP with an atmosphere to encourage the players and to abandon this rotten sense of entitlement that is a blight on this football club.

I must have been posting on a different forum in an alternate universe then. As there are many posters here who completely negate any sort of reponsibility for what has been an unmistakably embarrassing, retrograde and unprogressive reign in my opinion and thus that renders such posters as apologists in my eyes.

I won't have changed your mind, I don't expect to...you won't change mine....but at least maybe this can be discussed without the cheap insults, I'm a better fan than you point scoring and the pathetic abused dished out to manager and players alike via the internet.

For crying out loud! The sensitivity levels of some on here border on the absurd at times. Labelling compulsive defenders of every aspect of the manager's reign as 'apologists' isn't an insult, let alone a 'cheap' one. I am often tagged with being a member of the 'Lambert out brigade'. Not a label I would use personally but you won't catch me going around trying my best to take offense from it either.

I notice that the 'point scoring' accusation is starting to be thrown around a lot now. Remind me what actually constitutes this though in your definition? Disagreeing with certain viewpoints? Challenging and refuting the said viewpoints? Holding the authors of them to account and weighing them up against previous posts to gauge the consistancy and thus the credibility of such authors? All seems to be a bit one-way and smacks of hypocrisy to me.

As for the last line, criticising the manager and players, no matter how harshly, doesn't equate to abuse. So stop with the sensationalism please.

I like the post by accident....can unlike it on mobile for some reason.

Suggesting that the statements "he is the right man for the job" and "no other manager could so better" mean the same thing is utterly ridiculous. Like "I'm deliberately misunderstanding this for no other reason than being an arse" ridiculous. There are very clearly shit tons of managers that could do it better... I certainly haven't said otherwise. What I have said it that whilst Lambert has the job he should be backed because his own failings are not the sole reason for the appalling form. That is not acting as an apologist...that is understanding there is a deeper argument to be had beyond "he's **** shit get rid"

Every manager sacking since the first has not solely down to the managers failure. Its easier to sack the one than sack a whole team not performing for example. Again, nothing particularly challenging or controversial there.

I have not seen a single poster NOT ONE who has said that Lambert is completely free from all blame. You appear to confuse people trying to balance a one sided, reactionary, often hysterical argument that just because of x, y or z he has to go.

Labeling a group, any group is against the forum rules and I would recommend you stop that. Again, I am yet to see an "apologist" I have seen people attempt to mop up some of the hysterical bed wetting that takes places. To try at least find some positives in the current cesspool that is this season.

Criticising anyone using the words "word removed" for example clearly equates to abuse.

• Like 1

I think after palace and once Southampton start running rings around us, the crowd will turn en masse against Lambert & his cronies. This season at B6 has been the very definition of unacceptable

I think he's been fortunate. He's been on the verge of completly losing villa park at least twice but we've managed to turn things around. I'm not sure he'll manage it again.

. I just don't see why people choose to defend a man who surely has brought them very little joy supporting their team.

If it was all his fault I would agree, but of course it isn't.
thank you. What I have tried to say in many many words.

. I just don't see why people choose to defend a man who surely has brought them very little joy supporting their team.

But then surely you blame the others rather than defend one of the guilty party. Edited by Big_John_10

Just reading through the thread, as I've not been on for a day...

I think it is an extreme exaggeration to say that Lambert had to rebuild the club from ground up" - he had experienced players such as Gabby, Guzan, Albrighton, Delph, Clark, Baker and Herd to draw on.

Albrighton and Herd included in our list of 7 'experienced' players :D

I'm catching up as well, this has to be my favourite so far, even Clark and baker! And guzan that had hardly kicked a ball in the prem and was released.

But then surely you blame the others rather than defend one of the guilty party.
Why don't we just close the message board of people aren't allowed to defend our manager? Edited by The_Lions_Roar

Just reading through the thread, as I've not been on for a day...

I think it is an extreme exaggeration to say that Lambert had to rebuild the club from ground up" - he had experienced players such as Gabby, Guzan, Albrighton, Delph, Clark, Baker and Herd to draw on.

Albrighton and Herd included in our list of 7 'experienced' players :D
I'm catching up as well, this has to be my favourite so far, even Clark and baker! And guzan that had hardly kicked a ball in the prem and was released.
Yeh, you're just catching up so I guess you haven't read my post yet telling the person who posted this (and by implication all those who unthinkingly pile in to support) in the nicest way possible not to be so silly. ;)

I think after palace and once Southampton start running rings around us, the crowd will turn en masse against Lambert & his cronies. This season at B6 has been the very definition of unacceptable

And this has been predicted time and time before and has yet to happen.

Why's it so hard to accept that people can see the bigger picture?

Â