Paul Lambert

limpid

Do those blaming the players not think that 26 games of playing long ball probably isn't the best way to get players confident, comfortable and more importantly getting our front 3 scoring.

Surely its up to these professional footballers to be able to put the ball in the net regardless of the style of football?   Lambert should be dropping some of the players that look like they cant score and are a liability or at the very least subbing them off as early as is necessary when its obvious they are having a stinker.

This is as good as the same team that beat Sunderland last season 6-1. Admitted that wasn't luck and to be fair Sunderland were not totally shite that day, they just couldn't handle us!. So I ask you where has the quality of that game gone. Now this isn't down to Lerner, only Lambert can change this. I have not seen one convincing win since this game. Do I believe this season we have won games with luck. Yes I do, probably every f******* one of them.

He changes the set up every bloody game, im not suprised the players dont know what they are doing, Surely you cannot keep changing the tactics every game with players who haven't got the experience. To me they really aren't being coached correctly. We have gone from good passing football, to not even being able to string a pass together.....?

Quality moments, or lucky moments?

I can't think of too many moments of top quality skill this season. Last season you could at least point out Lowton's goal, Weimann's at Anfield, any one of a few from Benteke.

I'm struggling this season.

Bacunas free kick against city and delph against Southampton are 2 quality moments that helped us get 6 unexpected points.

True.  Both of Bacuna's free kicks actually.  Delph's goal though - that was one moment of brilliance in a really, really, lucky win...!

I can't think of too many moments of top quality skill this season.  Last season you could at least point out Lowton's goal, Weimann's at Anfield, any one of a few from Benteke.

All 3 of Delph's have been sublime. Bacuna's free kicks. Westwood's equaliser against the Baggies.

It's a bit of a weird point really. I'd agree with John that moments of quality see us where we are rather than luck.

The point is, we're absolutely crap.  Even including the 6 goals you've referenced there, we've only won one game where you can say we were the dominant force.

The point is, that without these (very occasional) flashes, or without fortune (Lugano's header at VP, even Remy hitting the post today) we'd be in even more stinky stuff than we are.

The point is, just based on our typical performance level, barring something remarkable happening in our favour, we'll get beat.

• Like 1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-slide-towards-relegation-3177882

Aston Villa's slide towards relegation zone turns boss Paul Lambert into Samuel L Jackson

Scot tells fans to be like little Fonzies after last-gasp defeat at Newcastle makes it three defeats in four and leaves them four points above the bottom three

Tony MarshallNewcastle-United-v-Aston-Villa-Premier-L
Villa's Lambert at Newcastle: Any resemblance to a panicking man is purely coincidental...

Paul Lambert insists he is not getting relegation jitters just yet.

Lambert's Aston Villa side are 13th four points above the drop zone after three defeats in four league games and need wins quickly to avoid disaster.

A late defeat at Newcastle on Sunday heightened their air of peril, but Lambert has ordered everyone at the club to stay cool.

He said: "We're playing well, we're just not getting the break. If we were getting beat heavily or don't look like you're going to score, that's when you should be really worried, but I don't have that worry.

"There's a lot of teams well below us, and we went through this last year so we know what it's like.

This guy has lost the plot, he comes out with this.

Edited by Mendi

I can't think of too many moments of top quality skill this season.  Last season you could at least point out Lowton's goal, Weimann's at Anfield, any one of a few from Benteke.

All 3 of Delph's have been sublime. Bacuna's free kicks. Westwood's equaliser against the Baggies.

It's a bit of a weird point really. I'd agree with John that moments of quality see us where we are rather than luck.

The point is, we're absolutely crap.  Even including the 6 goals you've referenced there, we've only won one game where you can say we were the dominant force.

The point is, that without these (very occasional) flashes, or without fortune (Lugano's header at VP, even Remy hitting the post today) we'd be in even more stinky stuff than we are.

The point is, just based on our typical performance level, barring something remarkable happening in our favour, we'll get beat.

I know and I appreciate that.

But you said we didn't have moments of quality. Rather that they were lucky. That was all I was ever disputing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-slide-towards-relegation-3177882

Aston Villa's slide towards relegation zone turns boss Paul Lambert into Samuel L Jackson

Scot tells fans to be like little Fonzies after last-gasp defeat at Newcastle makes it three defeats in four and leaves them four points above the bottom three

Villa's Lambert at Newcastle: Any resemblance to a panicking man is purely coincidental...

Lambert's Aston Villa side are 13th four points above the drop zone after three defeats in four league games and need wins quickly to avoid disaster.

A late defeat at Newcastle on Sunday heightened their air of peril, but Lambert has ordered everyone at the club to stay cool.

He said: "We're playing well, we're just not getting the break. If we were getting beat heavily or don't look like you're going to score, that's when you should be really worried, but I don't have that worry.

"There's a lot of teams well below us, and we went through this last year so we know what it's like.

Worryng, truely worrying. Like I said, when you start spouting out the denial, your just trying to keep your job. I truely believe he won't be with us come next season Reminds me of McLeish towards the end of his season!!

He also come out with this cracker

"But with 30 seconds to go, you have got to play the ball long"

• Like 1

If he was sacked, who could we go for? Laudrup? Villas-Boas? I'd personally like the latter, just because of the players that he would try to buy for us, but only if Lerner made funds available, obviously.

Â