Paul Lambert

limpid

I think you're deluded if you didn't think we deserved to lose today. We were awful, we had a couple of half decent chances while they scored, missed an open goal and should have had a pen.

I think it's pretty sad that you're branding other fans "deluded" just because they disagree with one of your opinions. Both teams were really poor today and we had a few chances ourselves. You don't have to agree with me, but there's no need for insults.

Read a couple of pages, got bored.

Have a bit of backbone he isn't going anywhere, and obviously the board think he has fulfilled his remit as he is getting a new contract.

Every time we lose we get this kind of reaction.

Maybe but it does not mean that we have to accept this utter shite week in week out.

• Like 2

march will define what avfc are.. i dont think we will beat norwich because we need too, i think a draw, the rest will beat us, in content that should be enough for learner to pull the pin on lamberts vision.

that come on the back of a poor feb with 3 defeats and 1 draw. you reap what you sow

I dont think March will. It will be April that will decide our fate. We wont get many points in March

Lerner isn't going to change managers but surely there are managers out there who could be more tactically aware, play to a system that would suit our squad, have us better organised and instil a bit of confidence in the players.

If not then Paul Lambert must be one of the best managers around.

That's what I thought we were getting with Lambert.....clearly not.

I can't decide anymore whether his post match interviews are to protect the players or he's so incredibly stupid he genuinely believes that we deserved something from that game. I'm going to put my money on the latter, anyone who brings Bennett on over Albrighton at 0-0 must be a moron.

• Like 3

Rumours going round there was a bust up between the Villa players in the tunnel after the game. Is there anything on here about it?

Don't we get these rumours every time there's a bad result?

I would be much happier if it was a bust up between the players and Lambert. At least it mightshow they had realised what a clown he truly is!

To be honest even if we stay up unless something drastically changes we are in for the same next season and the season after that.

It's horrible.

We are the new Wigan, struggle and struggle and then get relegated. (certainly without the FA Cup win).

• Like 1

In isolation, today's performance was "ok".  We threatened a fair bit for 20 mins in the first half, and Newcastle only looked dangers in the last 10 mins.

But you can't look at league matches in isolation.  You have to look at them in context, but all these league matches add up.  And in the context of the season (and last season) we just weren't good enough yet again.

I can't remember the last time we properly beat a team.  I know we've won matches, but the opposition in those games could easily feel hard done by as we've not really looked dominant.  Look at Hull yesterday, even Norwich today.  Really good value for their wins.  We seem to just scrape through when we do win a match.

It's horrible.  We're absolutely bloody awful.

I agree with the first part about us simply not being good enough, but I hate how all our wins just seems to get waved away like this. When we lose we're shit, when we win we're just lucky it seems.

I can't remember the last time we properly beat a team. 

I think the Arsenal game at the very start of the season has been the only game where we've won a game and looked genuinely good. 26 games later we've seen absolutely nothing like that, just severe deterioration. Even our most comfortable win this season, 2-0 at home to Cardiff, was very much in the balance until Bacuna's free kick. It's really been a nightmare this season. Absolutely horrible. 

• Like 1

Rumours going round there was a bust up between the Villa players in the tunnel after the game. Is there anything on here about it?

Don't we get these rumours every time there's a bad result?

I would be much happier if it was a bust up between the players and Lambert. At least it mightshow they had realised what a clown he truly is!

I hope it was Concrete Ron kicking the shit out of JB

image.jpg

Of course stats don't tell the whole story but doesn't look like there's much of a case for not deserving to lose, I know who I would have guessed won.

Stats and the game show we really did deserve to lose. We were awful. Like someone else said we didn't have a proper chance 2nd half. And while people are thinking of our OK chances first half I notice we've all forgot the absolute sitter cisse missed just before half time.

In isolation, today's performance was "ok".  We threatened a fair bit for 20 mins in the first half, and Newcastle only looked dangers in the last 10 mins.

But you can't look at league matches in isolation.  You have to look at them in context, but all these league matches add up.  And in the context of the season (and last season) we just weren't good enough yet again.

I can't remember the last time we properly beat a team.  I know we've won matches, but the opposition in those games could easily feel hard done by as we've not really looked dominant.  Look at Hull yesterday, even Norwich today.  Really good value for their wins.  We seem to just scrape through when we do win a match.

It's horrible.  We're absolutely bloody awful.

I agree with the first part about us simply not being good enough, but I hate how all our wins just seems to get waved away like this. When we lose we're shit, when we win we're just lucky it seems.

We're where we deserve to be in my opinion.  We've had a few games where we've got a bit less/more than we probably deserved, eg Chelsea away, Man City at home, but overall we've just been utterly horrible to watch.  Failing to score in more than 10 matches, and nearly always playing the sort of abject, pathetic excuse for football that we saw today.  The only real reason I can come up with for sticking with Lambert is that I wouldn't trust Lerner and Faulkner to pick a raffle ticket at a village garden party, much less yet another manager, but what a miserable defence of Lambert that is.  Crap football, crap tactics, crap subs, crap results and crap players, but we're too scared (and probably, too poor) to sack him.  I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking of letting my kids support who they want.  My son started watching the match today with me, but quickly lost interest, and who can blame him.

Edited by Risso

Â