Paul Lambert

limpid

So Sunderland have created 2 more chances than us but scored 8 more goals, if wed have scored even 5 more goals then we'd be in a much better position.

'If', a track by Roger Whittaker and a word used far too much in this thread when attempting to make our plight seem less than it is.

Nearly 100 pl games managed and we continue to see if if if. Shame we never get to see a better reality.

And for every if moment I'm sure you could find just as many for teams we played against. But that would be silly wouldn't it?

So reading through the thread, some guys still think the contraints Lambert is under are the cause for this constant poor form. Well it makes you wonder  maybe Mcleish actually was a very good manager, being that he kept us in the league with a arguably poorer squad and scored more goals, even without a Benteke type striker.

Now comon chaps, if I am starting to think this, there must seriously be problems.

So reading through the thread, some guys still think the contraints Lambert is under are the cause for this constant poor form. Well it makes you wonder maybe Mcleish actually was a very good manager, being that he kept us in the league with a arguably poorer squad and scored more goals, even without a Benteke type striker.

Now comon chaps, if I am starting to think this, there must seriously be problems.

Without going over the same ground again, mcelwish didn't take over a poorer squad though? Nor was he takes to reduce the wage bill.

Interesting to see constraints are still being used as an excuse.

One could argue they would be more valid for the other 11 premier league teams (or 9 if you exclude Saints/Spurs) who have received a smaller amount of transfer funding (incomings - outgoings) than Lambert.

So reading through the thread, some guys still think the contraints Lambert is under are the cause for this constant poor form. Well it makes you wonder maybe Mcleish actually was a very good manager, being that he kept us in the league with a arguably poorer squad and scored more goals, even without a Benteke type striker.

Without going over the same ground again, mcelwish didn't take over a poorer squad though? Nor was he takes to reduce the wage bill.

Surely you can't argue that he had a poorer squad than we have now, even without Gil.

Really?

http://tinyurl.com/n78womz

After signing 3 players on big wages he has said I can't sign anymore until I sell, completely different to being tasked to reduce the wage bill.

He had to reduce the wage bill!

One could argue they would be more valid for the other 11 premier league teams (or 9 if you exclude Saints/Spurs) who have received a smaller amount of transfer funding (incomings - outgoings) than Lambert.

Oh the old net spend argument. Next can we discuss the number of chances created again.

• Like 3

Surely you can't argue that he had a poorer squad than we have now, even without Gil.

The squad that he took over was far better than the squad that Lambert took over.

The squad that he took over was far better than the squad that Lambert took over.

Oh the old net spend argument. Next can we discuss the number of chances created again.

Could do - but I think that stats are fairly conclusive on that. We don't create enough chances which is not a surprise when the manager sets the team up in the wrong way.

Really?

http://tinyurl.com/n78womz

After signing 3 players on big wages he has said I can't sign anymore until I sell, completely different to being tasked to reduce the wage bill.

He had to reduce the wage bill!

Who did he sell after this interview to reduce the wage bill?

Again after signing given, Hutton and nzogbia on ridiculous wages. Not really reducing the wage bill is it?

Like Spurs - we've spent four times what they have on transfers you know!

• Like 2

"This season we have taken the plunge into the reduction of wages"

Unless you're calling Alex a liar? ;)

Like Spurs - we've spent four times what they have on transfers you know!

Backs to GCSE maths for you!

Lambert has since spent about £50m and the team is in a worse position points wise this season than we were under Mcleish!

You only have to look at the squad that McLeish was given to know that it was a much better squad than Lambert was given. Why are you on about now? That's not what's being debated.

Â